chapter 29: new priorities

<OST: Orbit - Hwasa>

"Unnie-" Jieun spoke to Byulyi quietly through the phone. "What should I do?"

"What should you do? What happened, Lee Jieun? Aren't you at work right now?"

"Mm-" Jieun twirled a pen between her fingers as she stared at her screen. "My workplace is in chaos today."

"Why? What happened?"

"Log on to Twitter, unnie." Jieun sighed. "You'll know what I mean after you log on."

It was silent for a while as Byulyi logged on to Twitter on her computer.

"Daebak-" Byulyi let out a loud gasp. "Jennie Kim and V? Daebak, daebak. But honestly, it doesn't even look like them? Like, their faces are all covered - you can't see whether it's them or not at all."

"There are other angles," Jieun explained. "People have zoomed in and confirmed that it is them. Also, just a few minutes ago, Jennie-ssi's side just denied it."

There was a long pause from Byulyi's end, only the sound of fingers typing rapidly at a keyboard.

"Please don't tell me you're adding this into your book right now."

Byulyi let out an extremely guilty-sounding laugh. "Why would I? No way! Now's absolutely not the time for that! Is it...?"

"I don't care what you're gonna do with this information later on, unnie-" Jieun sighed. "But you gotta help me now. What should I do?"

"You keep asking me what you should do-" Byulyi sounded agitated. "Isn't that something you should be asking your boss instead?"

There was a few whole seconds of silence.

"I'm worried about him, unnie."

Silence.

"Who?"

More silence.

"Jeon Jungkook," Jieun managed to get the words out. "I wonder if he's alright."

Even more silence.

"Shouldn't you be worried about your scoop right now?" Byulyi asked. "Why are you worrying about him right now? He wasn't even involved - and people are pretty much feeling bad for him. Out of the three parties involved, why are you only concerned about... him?"

Jennie was Jungkook's girlfriend - as of now, before Jieun could disprove it. Meanwhile, he always had beef with Taehyung - Taehyung must have backstabbed him in some way or form in the past, based on what Jieun had gathered. Now put the two of them together, how would she feel if she were him?

Horrible.

Even if the rumours weren't true, the fact that the two of them were caught in the dating rumour probably would throw him off a little, make him a little more anxious, a little less able to sleep at night. And though Jieun couldn't understand why herself, she couldn't deny that she was more worried about him then rushing the article Namjoon told her to write.

"Forget it," Jieun said. "Not like you can help me much anyway, unnie."

"Why did you call me then?"

"No, I don't think so-" Jieun sighed. "Anyway, I just wanted to get it off my chest. So... yeah. Have a good day, unnie."

"Wait, Lee Jieun, I can help-"

"See you later at home tonight-" Jieun groaned. "That is, if I even make it home..."

"Ya! Lee Jieun, don't you dare hang up on m-"