chapter 88: confrontations

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

"You're really moving out?"

Silence.

"Where are you gonna go then?"

Even more silence.

"Ya-" Byulyi raised her voice as she leaned against Seokjin's door frame, her eyebrows furrowed. "Kim Seokjin, aren't you gonna answer me?"

"Why are you even talking to me?" Seokjin, who was busy packing up the things in his room immediately after Byulyi had challenged him to move out, turned to glare at her angrily. "Didn't you say you never ever actually wanted to talk to me? Then why are you still talking right now? I'm moving out, just as you asked. So stop breathing down my neck and leave me alone."

"I said that out of spite-" Byulyi stomped towards Seokjin, ripping the stack of clothes from his hands and throwing them on the bed with great force. "It's because you were acting all crazy, that's why I said that. Couldn't you tell? You were the one who said you never wanted to be here, if not for your dear JK."

"That's the truth though," Seokjin said heartlessly, giving Byulyi one long look before turning away and picking up the clothes and setting them into another empty luggage. "I am here for JK indeed - that's something we both knew from the beginning. So stop expecting anymore from me, and I'll stop expecting anything from you."

"Make it make sense!" Byulyi folded her arms, backing away after seeing that her attempts to stop Seokjin from leaving were completely futile. "Why have you been acting so weird lately? You were fine up till before I went back to Bucheon. Did something happen before the phone call? Did I say or do something to offend you?"

Seokjin stared at Byulyi for a few seconds, thinking seriously about her question. In actual fact, he knew he was acting up. He knew he was acting all crazy towards her lately... and that was all because he had developed feelings for her. Feelings he himself couldn't understand or believe at all. Feelings that perhaps, he didn't even want to have for anyone at this point.

There were too many things that weren't right. Right now, at this point in Seokjin's life, JK should be his top priority. It should be his top priority to keep Jungkook safe and in good condition. Even being here was for him - but that was just at the beginning, before he soon developed feelings for Byulyi and he lost track of his original motive of coming here. 

Perhaps... it was a good thing that she didn't reciprocate his feelings for her. Perhaps, it was a good thing that she had found love with an old flame of hers - someone who probably could provide for her, unlike him who couldn't provide for his ex-girlfriend back then... and still couldn't provide for anyone but JK right now. Perhaps... it was a good thing that her lack of feelings for him woke him up to his senses that right now, his career was still the most important thing to him in his life.

But Byulyi was right. She hadn't done anything wrong to upset him. Even though he completely knew that it was all in their best interests, Seokjin couldn't help but take out his jealousy on her. But why? It's not like he was that deeply in love with her, anyway. She was just someone whom he had been briefly confused by, over the course of living with her for slightly over a month.

And now, he was going to end all that too.

"You're right, you've done nothing wrong-" Seokjin admitted as he zipped up his luggage and put it on the floor. "Just take it as I've had enough of living with someone else. The problem doesn't lie with you, the problem lies with me, okay?"