chapter 114: tying up loose ends

<OST: Start - Gaho>

"But I'm really curious about something though-" Hoseok let out an awkward chuckle. "What is JK-ssi really like when it's just the two of you?"

"Why?" Jieun burst into laughter.

"I just can't imagine..." Hoseok scratched his head. "I've had so many bad experiences with him... He really comes off to me as a cold person, so when you say he's warm and soft and all that I just- I don't know..."

At that moment, Jungkook walked into the pantry. Chungha, who was facing the door, saw Jungkook and her eyes widened in surprise. Jieun, who knew full well that Jungkook was coming in since he was the very person who fetched her here... tried her best not to smile.

"You don't know...?" Jieun carried on, pretending not to have noticed Jungkook at all. "What did you not know about our JK...?"

"I didn't know that he could be gentle...?" Hoseok began, as he scratched his head. "Actually... to be really honest with you, watching him on television... he doesn't seem to have the type of personality that is easy to get along with."

Hoseok was digging his own hole with Jungkook standing right behind him.

Jieun egged him on. "Mmhmm... I know right."

"Right...?" Hoseok frowned. "That's why, at the beginning when you ranted to us about how annoying he was... I was like, yeah, that's completely expected. But then you started praising him after some time, and then you told us you had feelings for him?! I was like... what? How on earth-"

Jieun's eyes met with Jungkook's, and the two shared a small moment together.

"Honestly, Jieun-ssi-" Hoseok continued, completely unaware of what was going on. "From the very day you joined the company, I really liked you... of course, as a person, I mean - not in that way. I know you're older than I am... but since you're my hoobae after all... I almost treated you like... a younger sister. So when you said you liked him... I was like... really? That guy? That rude guy with a cold appearance...? How can someone as bright and cheerful as you... fall for someone as dark and ill-mannered as someone like him-"

"Ahem."

Hoseok froze on the spot as his eyes darted towards Chungha. "Wait... he's behind me, isn't he."

Chungha pursed her lips, trying to stifle a laugh as she nodded. "Mm."

Hoseok looked like he just got struck by lightning. With half his body still semi-frozen, he turned around and let out the most awkward laugh ever.

"Oh, JK-ssi...!" Hoseok gasped as he grabbed hold of Jungkook's arm. "Good morning! We finally meet in person, huh! What brings you here today...?"

Jungkook gestured briefly at Jieun. "My girlfriend."

Jungkook addressing Jieun as his girlfriend in front of another person made Jieun's knees go weak.

"Ah... I see." Hoseok let out a nervous chuckle. "JK-ssi... about what I just said..."

Jungkook raised his eyebrows. "What did you say?"

"Huh?" Hoseok glanced at Chungha for help, but his request for assistance was rejected instantly due to how thoroughly she was enjoying this. "Oh, you know... what I said right before you cleared your throat..."