chapter 129: something up her sleeves

<OST: Start - Gaho>

"Here we are."

"Is this it?" Namjoon asked Hyejin. "This is Jennie's apartment?"

Hyejin nodded, as she looked up at the apartment building. "Yeah, it is."

"Why isn't there anyone around?" Hoseok frowned as he scanned his surroundings.

"Maybe because everyone is too busy pressing BG Entertainment to give a statement about what happened," Chungha said with a shrug. "Not many people think of coming here."

"Are we invading Jennie-ssi's privacy though, by coming here?" Hyejin asked nervously. "It doesn't feel too good to be standing outside here, waiting to ambush here."

"Yeah, that's kinda not it..." Namjoon agreed. "But that's okay because that's not what we're doing."

Hoseok frowned as he glanced at Namjoon. "What are we doing then, bujang?"

Namjoon shrugged with a knowing grin as he dialled a number into his phone and held it up to his ear. It wasn't too long before the recipient picked up his call.

"Hello?" Namjoon smiled. "Yeah, we're here."

Chungha, Hoseok and Hyejin exchanged confused looks.

"Mm, alright-" Namjoon nodded. "Thank you, see you."

"Bujang-nim-" Chungha frowned. "What on earth is going on-"

The gate to the apartment building swung open.

Hoseok's mouth fell open. "What the...?"

"Bujang-nim!" Hyejin's eyes widened. "How-"

Namjoon was already standing by the door, holding it open for them. "Are y'all gonna come in or make me stand in this position for the next hour?"

Hoseok, Chungha and Hyejin scrambled inside at once. As the lift went up and up, the questions just kept coming.

"Was that Jennie-ssi, bujang?"

"Bujang-nim! How did you even get her number?"

"Wah, daebak, it really was her? Bujang-nim, you're so resourceful!"

"She agreed to do an interview with us?"

"Why?"

"Daebak, daebak- I can't believe this!"

Namjoon couldn't help but chuckle at how excited his fellow counterparts sounded. "Y'all will find out soon enough."

The lift door opened and Namjoon stepped out, his employees following out behind him carefully.

"Why do I feel like..." Hoseok looked around, holding on tightly to Chungha who stood in front of him. "This is illegal...?"

"Well, you're for sure not the only one-" Chungha agreed as she looked around. "The people living here are probably all celebrities or rich business people... This place feels completely out of bounds for reporters like us."