chapter 135: the dreaded day

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

Seokjin wasn't exactly in the best mood.

For many years, he had avoided looking for this person. And for those many years, he had also prayed that this day would never come.

But eventually... it did.

"Hi."

The counter lady looked up at Seokjin. "Hello."

"Um..." Seokjin swallowed nervously as he looked around the lobby of the office building he had mustered up so much courage to walk into. "Hi, I'm Seokjin - Kim Seokjin."

"Yes-" The counter lady stared. "And...? How may I help you, sir?"

"Um-" Seokjin cleared his throat loudly. "Is... Is Kim Yo- I mean, Kim Yongsun daepyo-nim in?"

"Kim Yongsun daepyo-nim?"

"Mm-" Seokjin nodded stiffly. "You know, the CEO of your company."

"Well... yes, she is, actually-" the counter lady said hesitantly. "But, why, may I ask? She doesn't have any appointments scheduled for today - so you couldn't possibly be here to meet her, could you?"

"Well, I am here to meet her."

"But Kim daepyo-nim does not except walk-in appointments."

"Well-" Seokjin adjusted his shirt a little and stood up straight. "Maybe she might, since it's me."

The counter lady narrowed her eyes. "I'm sorry, but I doubt so, sir. Our daepyo-nim is really rather sticky about such things. Not even her acquaintances or friends are allowed to meet her during office hours without making an appointment first."

"Just-" Seokjin clucked his tongue exasperatedly as he rested his arms on the counter. "Just tell her that Kim Seokjin is here to talk to her, and we'll see what she says - alright? Please, could you do that for me?"

"I-" The lady let out a sigh of defeat. "Fine. Alright, sir, please give me a moment."

Seokjin finally smiled. "Thank you."

The counter lady eyed Seokjin intently as she picked up her telephone and dialled in a number. Seokjin's eyes lit up when the call finally got through.

"Hello, daepyo-nim...?" The lady began with a smile. "Ah, yes - sorry to bother you. You don't have any appointments scheduled today, but someone is here to see you."

Seokjin blinked and nodded enthusiastically as the counter lady glanced at him.

"He says his name is Kim Seokjin."

There was silence on the other end of the line, and Seokjin wondered what was going through Yongsun's mind.

"Um..." The counter lady bit her lower lip and nodded as she glanced at Seokjin once more. "Okay, daepyo-nim - I'll let him know."

"Let me know what?" Seokjin whispered. "What did she say?"

"She says that you have to make an appointment, sir-" The counter lady relayed the information to him. "Just like what I told you earlier - our daepyo-nim really doesn't make any exceptions, regardless of who you are to her."

"I-" Seokjin frowned. "Tell her its urgent."

The counter lady sighed as she held the phone up to her ear once more. "Daepyo-nim, he says-"

Seokjin pursed his lips nervously.

"Oh-" The lady shook her head at Seokjin. "She says she heard you, but still... no, it's too bad."