chapter 32: a budding friendship

<OST: Orbit - Hwasa>

Byulyi sat at her desk, her mind wandering.

Her conversation with Jieun last night had bothered her, to say the very least. It was evident, that Jieun was not as driven as before, to find out more about Jungkook, to expose his secrets, to get revenge on him. Even if she had forgiven him, hadn't she joined his makeup team to get a big scoop? If that was indeed the case, that was what she should be talking about when she reached home everyday.

But why was it that, all she talked about was makeup... and Jungkook?

Byulyi swallowed hard as a realisation struck her like lightning. Was that the reason why she was uncomfortable about her writing a romance novel between her and Jungkook? Because she was afraid it'd actually come through? Was that the reason all this while...?

Byulyi got up from her seat, mumbling under her breath as she dropped down onto the sofa. "Stupid Lee Jieun, making me unable to focus on writing..."

If her assumption about Jieun was right, that must be the saddest story she'd ever write in her entire writing career. A reporter who falls for a male celebrity, the celebrity falls for her too but finds out about her identity one day and the two break up, both broken-hearted. Thinking about that storyline itself made Byulyi want to cry, but thinking that the storyline would be based on the real life story of her best friend... that would be unbearable.

It was going to be impossible to write.

Byulyi sighed as she picked up her phone and opened her writing app.

72 new notifications.

- - -

kayesjay1992 voted for Late Night Talks.

kayesjay1992 voted for The Birthday Party.

kayesjay1992 commented on OJ Petition: AWWW

kayesjay1992 voted for OJ Petition.

kayesjay1992 commented on An Unexpected Encounter: Help? This is literally so cute?

kayesjay1992 voted for An Unexpected Encounter.

kayesjay1992 commented on Heartbreak: Noooooo I'm actually crying...

kayesjay1992 voted for Heartbreak.

- - -

...and a whole bunch of more notifications from kayesjay1992.

Byulyi couldn't hide the smile on her face as she went into her messages and entered her chatroom with kayesjay and began typing quickly.

- - -

moonstarsandsun
i see that you've been having fun reading my
stories, huh? any new thoughts or suggestions?