chapter 2: secrets worth keeping

<OST: Orbit - Hwasa>

"Jungkook-ssi! Put your arm around Jennie-ssi please! Nice shot! Jennie-ssi, please look into Jungkook-ssi's eyes! Yes, that's right! Alright, we'll wrap the shoot up for today! Thank you for your hard work!"

"Thank you, everyone!" Jungkook bowed a little at the photographer and staff. "Thank you for your time and hard work!"

 "Thank you for your time and hard work!"

Jeon Jungkook. Rising k-pop star by the stage name JK. Made his debut five years ago but only started gaining popularity in recent months after dating scandal with labelmate Jennie Kim. A hardworking guy who pushes himself to his limits for self-improvement. Has an extremely cold demeanour.

"Thank you, everyone!" In contrast, Jennie smiled widely next to Jungkook as she bowed profusely. "Please edit our photos well!"

 "Please edit our photos well!"

Jennie Kim. Model and actress. Reported to be dating labelmate Jeon Jungkook since the start of 2020 and her popularity skyrocketed since then. But for Jennie, with popularity also came plenty of hate. Often misunderstood for her "resting bitch face" and often accused of putting up a false front whenever she smiled.

Jungkook turned to Jennie. "Shall we go?"

Jennie smiled as she put an arm around Jungkook's and nodded. "Mm, Jungkook-ah, let's go."

"Y'all look good together!" The photographer called out after them as they headed towards a black van. "Working with a couple is really different indeed! You guys have amazing chemistry - I'm so happy for you!"

"You hear that?" Jennie giggled as she jokingly punched Jungkook in the arm. "He said we look good together."

But Jungkook remained cold towards her, quickening his footsteps and heading towards his car. "Bye, I'm going."

"Hey, wait-" Jennie grabbed Jungkook's arm and pulled him close, shaking his head as she motioned towards the bushes. "Cameras, in the 2 o'clock direction."

Jungkook didn't even glance in that direction, but he stopped trying to leave. Finally, the two of them reached Jennie's car. Jungkook pursed his lips as he pulled open the door and gestured inside. "Get in."