chapter 125: tension is in the air

<OST: Orbit - Hwasa>

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

"Stop ringing the door bell!" Seokjin yelled irritatedly as he headed towards the door. "Who on earth is so impatient?"

Seokjin unlocked the door and pulled it open.

"I swear, you need to chill out-" Seokjin stopped short as he spotted who was standing at the door. "Oh, Byulyi-ya, it's you."

Byulyi seemed to freeze a little when she saw Seokjin, but now was not the time for all that. "Where's Lee Jieun? She's here, isn't she?"

"Mmhmm-" Seokjin nodded as he held open the door. "Wanna come in?"

Byulyi stepped into the house without any hesitation.

"What's up with that video?" Byulyi asked Seokjin as she took off her shoes in a frenzy. "Why did Jeon Jungkook post such a video? Our Jieun is in trouble right now because of him."

"It was a mistake," Seokjin corrected her. "Besides, it's not just Lee Jieun who's in trouble - JK, and even Jennie Kim, are in trouble too."

"Urgh, really-" Byulyi grunted as she jammed her shoes onto the shoe rack and stormed into the living room. "You need to do a better job as his manager, Kim Seokjin. Where are they?"

Seokjin pursed his lips as he quietly pointed at Jungkook's room. Byulyi stormed towards the door and burst into the room.

"Unnie!"

"Lee Jieun-" Byulyi barged into the room. "What happened? What's going on...?"

Jieun's face fell. "Unnie..."

"Urgh, Jeon Jungkook, really-" Byulyi turned to Jungkook. "You should have been more careful! What are you both gonna do now... I really don't want Jieun to have to go into hiding for the rest of her life simply because of your fans..."

"It wasn't on purpose, unnie," Jieun defended him. "He has been apologising to me all morning too, so stop berating him already. Now's not the time for fault-finding, but for thinking of the best solution to this whole matter."

Seokjin strolled into the room behind Byulyi, hovering near the door. "JK, have you thought about it? What do you think?"

"I... This is what I think but clearly, it's subject to what Jieun-ie and Jennie Kim think as well-" Jungkook began. "I... I want to tell everyone the truth this time."

A long, awkward silence filled the room.

"You can't be serious-" Seokjin shook his head. "I, for one, do not approve of that decision."

"And I second that!" Byulyi exclaimed as she looked at Jungkook like he was insane. "Do you even know the consequences that will follow if you were to do that?"

"I know..." Jungkook sighed loudly. "But at this point... I'm sick and tired of lying and hiding. I just want to tell everyone the truth now... is that too much to ask for?"

"Let's say I agree-" Seokjin folded his arms. "Your sajang-nim will never approve of this decision, Jungkook-ah."

"He has no more control over me, I've taken that back a while ago-" Jungkook said with a determined look in his eyes. "I will do whatever I want now - and whatever I think is the best for me... and Jieun's future."

Byulyi let out a frustrated sigh as she turned to Jieun, who had been quiet all this while. "What about you, Jieun-ah? What do you think?"

"I..." Jieun hesitated for a while, before glancing up at Byulyi and shaking her head. "I don't know, unnie... I really don't know."