chapter 54: fluttering hearts

<OST: I Wanna Say To You - Suzy>

"I'm telling you that's completely not how the situation panned out, Moon Byulyi-ssi!" Seokjin frowned. "You're writing it wrong!"

"Tsk-" Byulyi shoved Seokjin to one side and frowned at him. "I told you that I'm only being inspired by their progress, it's not a 100% wholesale copy of their story. What do you not understand, Kim Seokjin-ssi!"

"But this-" Seokjin sighed exasperatedly as he brought his face closer to the screen. "This is weird, this part is weird!"

"Which part is weird!"

"This part-" Seokjin mindlessly slid his hand over Byulyi's and moved the mouse over to the part he was talking about. "This part over here."

Byulyi cleared her throat loudly.

"You see this?" Seokjin carried on as he stared at the screen, unaware of the awkward tension in the room. "This part here - I already told you they met a second time at the company café... not Jieun-ssi's office cafeteria! Do makeup artists even have offices they report to?"

"Ahem!"

Seokjin turned to face Byulyi. "What?"

Byulyi awkwardly gestured towards her hand clamped between Seokjin's hand and the mouse. "My hand."

"Oh-" Seokjin let go at once, looking away immediately. "Sorry, I-"

"Tell me with your mouth, not your hand!" Byulyi swatted him aside, as she pulled her chair closer towards her computer and cleared her throat awkwardly. "What was it again?"

"Um-" Seokjin chuckled awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I said it's BG Entertainment's café, not whatever you wrote over here."

Byulyi turned and stared at him for a while. "Move further away."

"Huh?"

"Why are you sitting so close?" Byulyi narrowed her eyes. "Scoot over to your right a little."

"Why?" Seokjin frowned. "I wanna read and type too... I thought you said I was your cowriter!"

"Yeah, but you don't have to sit so near!"

"But I can't see from far!"

"But you're way too close!"

"How is this even close!"

Byulyi clucked her tongue frustratedly. "Well, it's close for me, so could you move?"

Seokjin stared at her blankly for a few seconds. "Byulyi-ssi, you've never had a boyfriend, have you?"

Byulyi was stumped.

"You're acting like you've never had a guy been up this close to you," Seokjin carried on, like the Sherlock Holmes wannabe he had always been. "Hold on a second... do you even have any guy friends?"

Byulyi looked away and busied herself with typing at her keyboard. "Y-Yeah, of course I do."

"You don't sound very sure of yourself though?" Seokjin teased with a cheeky smile. "Tell me the truth, ow!"

"Shut up-" Byulyi rolled her eyes and turned away nonchalantly, as if she hadn't just punched Seokjin right in the stomach. "Focus now."

"Okay, okay, fine-" Seokjin grinned as he rubbed his stomach. "Back to work."

It was silent for a while as Seokjin watched Byulyi type at her computer.

"Wait-" Seokjin frowned. "You made an error."