chapter 152: no longer you and i

<OST: I Wanna Say To You - Suzy>

"That was so... admirable."

"Hm?" Chungha looked up, surprised that Hoseok was talking to her once more, especially amidst the fireworks show that had just begun.

"Jungkook-ssi and Jieun-noona..." Hoseok had a dreamy look as he glanced at the happy couple on stage. "They... they're really brave for this."

"I agree." Chungha pursed her lips, hesitating for a short while before continuing. "Hoseok-oppa."

"Hm?"

"I never really say it a lot..." Chungha admitted as she reached out and held on to Hoseok's hand. "But you know how much you mean to me, don't you?"

Hoseok glanced at her, a slightly puzzled look on his face. "I mean, yeah... but why are you-"

"You were really upset me just now," Chungha explained. "I could tell."

"Oh... that?" Hoseok tried to laugh it off. "Nah... actually, I'm not that mad-"

"You were."

"I was," Hoseok admitted almost immediately, the smile disappearing from his face as he shrugged a little. "But it's okay - I'm okay. I'm used to it."

"And that's not okay."

Hoseok glanced up at Chungha.

"That's not okay, oppa-" Chungha scooted a little closer to him. "I'm so insensitive sometimes, and that's not okay."

"No, really-" Hoseok laughed as he tried to console her. "I'm okay, so you should be fine too. I'm the sensitive one... and there's really no need for you to have to deal with my mood swings."

"It's not a mood swing," Chungha said quietly. "You're right, I should have told you if I knew they were dating - it's something I overlooked... and I'm sorry."

"Look-" Hoseok let out a small laugh. "See? Now that you verbalised it, it sounds so petty. It doesn't even sound like something anyone would get that upset over. But yet... I am upset."

"And that doesn't make your feelings invalid, you know?" Chungha sighed. "It may seem to other people who don't know us well that you're just making a fuss, and that you're just being emotional and sensitive... but I know that's not the case. I know you're not just upset over this incident alone, but you just took it as a chance to express your frustration regarding my attitude towards you in general."

"Ah..." Hoseok hesitated. "Actually, you might be right."

"Right...?" Chungha bit her lower lip. "I knew it."

Hoseok nodded silently.

"I think it's funny how the tables have really turned in our relationship-" Chungha pointed out. "I remember that back in the days, you used to be the insensitive one and I was the one always telling you that I was upset over certain things you did or said... Well, now our roles have completely swapped."

"Come to think of it, you're right."

"And back then, we couldn't resolve our conflicts because you thought I was too sensitive-" Chungha pointed out. "And I always thought you were being too inconsiderate of my emotions, you remember?"

"Of course I do."

"Then let's not make the same mistake, oppa-" Chungha smiled as she squeezed Hoseok's hand in hers. "They say couples who get back together often breakup for the second time for the same reason... so let's not let that happen to us. And for that not to happen... open communication is so important - I want you to tell me whenever you're upset, and I'll try my best to change. In turn, I'll do the same, okay...?"