chapter 4: an unforgettable experience

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

"We're screwed, we're screwed, we're screwed..." Chungha held up her phone in Hoseok's face. "How did he get so good at talking all of a sudden? Check out the comments on our website, oppa."

"Why?"

Hoseok frowned and bit his lower lip as he took Chungha's phone and read the comments aloud:

- - -

'Why did you ask such a stupid question? Do you not know what respect is?'

'Jung Hoseok, I will hunt you and your family down... You better watch your back and live carefully from now on.'

'How can you live in such a careless way? Is Jungkook-oppa's career a joke to you? First the dating scandal and now even bringing it up at his album's press conference? Shall I ask my dad to take you to court, you ugly ass human being?'

'I WILL BURN DOWN KNJ NEWS'

- - -

Jieun's jaw dropped. These comments... they were harsh.

But Hoseok, in contrast, chuckled softly as he turned to pack up the cameras. "Ah, it's not like it's our first time, is it?"

"But shouldn't we at least do something about it?" Chungha said with a frown as she scrolled through three more pages worth of hate comments. "It's pretty bad this time..."

"It will die down after a while, don't worry," Hoseok said quietly. "People think celebrities get hate for everything they do, but reporters are pretty much the same - we get attacked by almost every single person living in South Korea and sometimes even people from other countries... It sucks."

"What can we do?" Chungha sighed loudly as she buried her face in her hands. "We're just trying to make a living after all... When we don't perform well, we get scolded by our boss. When we try our best to perform, we often end up receiving tons of hate. It's a tough job, not gonna lie. Jieun-ssi, what do you think?"

Jieun had been seated there quietly for quite a while, reflecting a lot about what had just happened, but also because she had been wanting to go to the toilet since the beginning of the press conference but never had a chance to.

"I need to go to the toilet... like, really urgently."

Hoseok and Chungha chuckled.

"Ya! Why didn't you say so earlier?" Hoseok patted Jieun on the shoulder. "Go ahead, Jieun-ssi."

"Mmhmm-" Chungha nodded. "We'll be sorting out the material we gathered and packing up for a while, so take your time, Jieun-ssi. The toilet is on the right side."

Jieun didn't need a second reminder. She instantly ran out of the room and turned right, towards the direction Chungha had told her previously.

"What do you mean? I said that because this album really means a lot to me, I didn't want them to make it all about you-"

Jieun froze in her steps. A few metres away from outside the toilet, she spotted a familiar face she recognised at once - Jeon Jungkook, the same guy she had seen on stage a while ago.

What was he doing here?

He was on his phone as he paced back and forth uneasily, with a frustrated look on his face. His free hand grabbed agitatedly at his jet black hair, seeming to be in an argument with the person on the other end of the line. Jieun's bladder was literally bursting at its seams at this point, but she hid behind a wall, unable to take her eyes off this juicy scene unfolding before her very eyes. A celebrity with a bad temper? Now that, seemed like a good story.