chapter 8: the coffee incident

<OST: I Wanna Say To You - Suzy>

The clock hit 12pm.

"Jieun-ssi," Namjoon approached Jieun with a stack of papers. "Do you mind-"

"Sorry, bujang!" Jieun picked up her bag and glanced at her watch. "Lunch time, gotta go, talk to you later!"

Namjoon watched as Jieun scurried out of the office, not even turning around a second time. Namjoon looked around and spotted Jisoo seated a few seats away from Jieun's desk.

"Ji-"

"Sorry, bujang! Lunch time!"

"How hungry must these people be..."

Namjoon shook his head as he watched Jisoo run out of the office, joining her colleagues. He chuckled softly as he turned around and headed towards his office. Stopping by Chungha's table, Namjoon spotted the half empty cup of coffee resting on the table. He took a seat at her desk and closed his eyes.

"You'll never find out about what her likes and dislikes are."

Hoseok's words echoed in Namjoon's mind. If Namjoon said that his words didn't bother him, he would be lying. For the past two years ever since Chungha had joined his company, he had developed feelings for her. But no matter how hard he tried, it seemed like his feelings could never reach her.

And no matter how much Namjoon tried to deny it, the five years Hoseok had spent with Chungha before he had gotten to know her... he was never going to catch up. He was always five years behind. Besides, the way Chungha talked to him made it seem like she saw him as a boss - nothing more, nothing less.

Namjoon let out a loud sigh.

"Bujang?"

Namjoon looked up and raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Oh? Hyejin-ssi, you're still here."

Ahn Hyejin

Ahn Hyejin. A rookie news reporter who joined the company six months ago - around the same time that Jieun had joined. A bold lady who was never afraid of voicing out her opinions to anyone, about anything.

Hyejin smiled as she leaned against Chungha's desk, looking at Namjoon weird. "Was just finishing up some leftover work. Bujang, aren't you going down to have lunch? I was thinking of having some tripe."

"Tripe?" Namjoon chuckled as he leaned back in his seat. "Wow, that's an interesting choice for lunch."

"I believe in working hard, playing hard and eating well-" Hyejin said with a smile. "Care to join me?"

"Mm..." Namjoon shook his head with a polite smile, gesturing towards the desk in front of him. "I have some work to complete. Enjoy yourself, Hyejin-ssi."

"Alright then, bujang-nim."

Hyejin flashed Namjoon one last smile, before heading towards the door. Namjoon watched her silently, raising his eyebrows in surprise when she turned back once more before she left.