chapter 41: the tremendous tomato tussle

<OST: I Wanna Say To You - Suzy>

"Bujang...?"

"What?" Namjoon said bluntly as he flipped through his documents. "If it's nothing important, leave me alone."

"I mean, it's not very important but-"

"What is it?" Namjoon sighed as he looked up, his eyes widening as he spotted who it was at the door. He sat upright immediately. "Oh- Chungha-ssi."

"I got a cup of coffee and a sandwich for you, bujang-" Chungha said with an awkward chuckle as she placed the food items on Namjoon's desk. "I saw that you didn't eat much at lunch earlier so..."

"Ah, you really didn't have to-" That was what Namjoon said, but his entire face lit up. "I wasn't that hungry, that's why."

"Oh, is that so?" Chungha smiled as she reached for the sandwich and coffee. "In that case, I'll take this back-"

"No, no, no, no, no-" Namjoon shielded the food with his hands and let out an adorable chuckle as he looked up at Chungha. "I feel hungry all of a sudden."

Chungha smiled. "Bujang-nim... may I have a seat?"

"Oh-?" Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise. "Of course, of course."

Chungha took a seat and looked around the office slowly. "Ah, come to think of it - I've never been stayed inside here for longer than five minutes."

"Oh?" Namjoon laughed. "Then what brings you here today?"

Chungha hesitated a little. "I'm really sorry about earlier, bujang-nim. I was just talking to Hoseok-oppa how I usually do, I didn't mean to be so insensitive towards you-"

"Me? No, it's fine-" Namjoon chuckled as he took a small sip of his coffee. "It's not like I'm not used to it."

An awkward silence filled the room.

"Anyway, I just hope that we didn't make you feel uncomfortable-" Chungha smiled as she got to her feet abruptly. "That's why I came here, bujang. Lunch time is almost over - I'll head back to my desk now."

"You yourself said that you barely come in here to take a seat and chat with me, didn't you?" Namjoon rose to his feet before Chungha could leave the room. "In that case, if I ask you to come here more often, whenever you want, will you do that for me?"

Chungha didn't answer Namjoon. Instead, she took a small bow and headed out of the office, leaving Namjoon all alone once more.

-•-•-

"Jennie-ssi! JK-ssi! We'll play a quick telepathy game now, is that alright?"

"Whoo!" Jennie cheered sarcastically as she nudged Jungkook under the table. "Sounds fun!"

Jungkook looked dead inside as he forced a smile. "Whoo."

"So the rules of the game are easy-" The emcee explained. "We'll give you two options, and you'll both have to shout the option you prefer, alright? It's really simple - it's just to test if your tastes and preferences have changed to become more like each other's... since you've been dating for about half a year now, am I right?"

"A year."

"Right, a year! I forgot!" The emcee laughed. "Well, that means that you had even more time to get to know each other, am I right? Let's try it out! For example, if I say... chicken or pizza, you say?"