chapter 100: backfire

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

"I've been thinking about it... and I really think something's not right."

Seokjin glanced over at Jimin, who was talking aloud to himself. "What's not right?"

"None of your business," Jimin snapped.

"I mean, you spoke out loud."

"Well, I wasn't talking to you."

Seokjin rolled his eyes exasperatedly. "And who said I was talking to you?"

Jimin scoffed as he turned away. But then he turned back around and glanced at Seokjin again split seconds later. "From a third person perspective, do you think it makes any sense at all?"

Seokjin conveniently ignored him this time.

"Ya, hyung-" Jimin nudged Seokjin in the shoulder. "I'm talking to you right now."

"And am I obligated to answer...?"

Jimin grunted irritatedly as he turned to leave.

"I'm kidding-" Seokjin scoffed as he held Jimin back by his arm. "What's bothering you this time?"

"Jennie."

"Well... duh." Seokjin sniffed. "Since when have your problems ever not been Jennie-related, am I right?"

Jimin narrowed his eyes.

Seokjin swiftly moved on. "So... what is it about her that's bothering you?"

"Let me ask you a question-" Jimin leaned in closer, glancing around to make sure no one was listening in. "If you know that someone who might potentially be dangerous is lingering around JK, what would you do?"

"Dangerous?" Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows. "As in dangerous like, toxic dangerous...? Or like... bad-influence dangerous...? Or like... a-threat-to-his-entire-existence dangerous?"

"Um... is all of the above an option?"

"Isn't the answer obvious?" Seokjin frowned. "Who would keep a dangerous person next to them? Like, damn, let's say we replace Jungkook with someone else I don't care a single bit about - I wouldn't even let a dangerous person near... you."

"Woah-" Jimin clutched his heart dramatically. "Why did that make my heart flutter a little...?"

"Shut up."

"Well, I wouldn't let a dangerous person near you either..." Jimin pursed his lips, looking unsettled. "So I must be insane then, for letting her near that..."

Seokjin threw Jimin a confused frown. "What? Letting who near what...?"

"Nothing-" Jimin let out a loud sigh, remembering the promise he had made with Jennie - no telling anyone. Besides, she had been so sure of this, and Jennie had never defended anyone else in front of him before. Jimin let out yet another sigh as he slouched against the partition. "Forget I asked."

Seokjin shrugged as he got back to work.

"By the way, what's up with your JK?" Jimin asked, changing the topic to Jungkook rather abruptly. "He's been acting rather unusual lately, hasn't he? Or is it just me?"

"Huh?" Seokjin glanced up at Jimin, slightly unnerved. "Oh, it's probably just you. Our JK is doing fine."

"Really?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't think so, though? He has been extra cold lately. Not like he wasn't cold before, but I thought I saw him warm up a little with me a while back, but now he's back to his old self. Did something happen?"