chapter 46: a feel-bad win

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

"What is going on?" Seokjin's eyes shifted between Jungkook and Jieun. "What happened this time?"

Jieun glared at Jungkook. "Ask him."

"Ask her."

"Ask him-"

"Ask her-"

"Jeon Jungkook!" Seokjin shrieked. "You go."

"Hyung-" Jungkook rolled his eyes and glared at Jieun. "She broke two of my rules and I got upset, that's all. But she got angry, even though I'm the only one who has the right to be angry right now."

"I already told you-" Jieun balled her fists as she stared daggers at Jungkook. "I didn't touch the things in your room, you idiot!"

"Who are you calling an idiot now?!"

"You!" Jieun stuck out her tongue. "And what about it?"

"Lee Jieun, don't cross the line now-" Jungkook's eyes flared. "You know, if I want- I could very well- very well-"

"Very well... what?" Jieun glared at him. "Send me home? Go ahead then! I don't want to live with you anymore either!"

"You-"

"Okay, enough!" Seokjin held up his hands, stopping the fight before things got physical. "We're not gonna settle things any time soon, so we'll settle this later, after the schedule, alright? We need to leave now or we're gonna be late."

Seokjin started the engine and the car moved off.

"Don't even know how to appreciate someone cooking for you..." Jieun mumbled under her breath as she looked out the window. "All the food was gone by morning... bet you dumped it down the chute like the heartless man you are."

"Yeah, I dumped it down the chute, so what?" Jungkook muttered back, loud enough for Jieun to hear. "Who was the one who told me to eat it or throw it? I couldn't eat it so of course I threw it-"

"Yeah, what was I even expecting?" Jieun grumbled softly. "Typical trashy behaviour from a trashy human."

"I think trashy is the perfect word to describe someone who refused to stick to the rules that were clearly made known to her, yet got angry when her faults were pointed out..."

"I said... enough-" Seokjin glanced at the two through the rear-view mirror. "Enough includes not mumbling stuff under your breath to spite each other."

Jungkook and Jieun rolled their eyes and looked out their respective windows.

"JK, you better get some rest now-" Seokjin advised. "Even if you can't sleep, just try to rest a little. You can't go for a sports event with no sleep at all."

"Sports event?" Jungkook frowned. "What sports event?"

"You wrapped up your music show appearances a few days ago... Today, we're going for the Idol Star Athletics Championships filming, remember?"

"What?" Jungkook's jaw dropped. "That terrible show again? Hyung, stop the car - we're not going."

"What do you mean we're not going-" Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows. "When I asked you a few months ago, you were okay with it! Sajang-nim also has been making you attend it every year - why would you suddenly not wanna attend it?"