chapter 109: the neck kiss

<OST: I Wanna Say To You - Suzy>

"Well, that was embarrassing."

Byulyi glanced briefly at Seokjin who stood next to her and stifled a little chuckle. "For them... or for you?"

"Both."

"Ah."

Silence fell over the pair once more.

"Nice weather today, huh."

Byulyi glanced at Seokjin. "No need to make small talk for the sake of it. It's fine, we're both just waiting for them so you can leave and I can go back and take a nice nap. I didn't sleep well at all last night, by the way - thanks to you."

"I'm sorry..." Seokjin pouted apologetically. "I don't know, it must still be in my system to remember this address as my residential address..."

"Is that so?" Byulyi muttered under her breath. "Then it must still be in your system to throw yourself on me and yell my name loudly, huh..."

"What?"

"Nothing. Forget I even said anything."

Another awkward silence fell over them.

"About the 100,000 won..." Seokjin decided to bring it up once more. "I know I don't owe you any money."

Byulyi pursed her lips and nodded. "Mm, you don't."

Seokjin glanced briefly in Byulyi's direction. "You were testing me, weren't you? Just to see if I remember anything."

Byulyi lowered her head. "Yeah."

"I knew it..." Seokjin nodded slowly. "And I do remember most of it, except for some parts like how I even arrived here. Everything I said and did after I arrived, I remember them all."

"Then..." Byulyi glanced up at Seokjin. "Why do you have to pretend like you didn't remember it at all?"

"Because it's embarrassing, isn't it?" Seokjin pursed his lips. "I was the one who moved out without any prior notice a week ago... yet I'm also the one showing up at your door and making a huge racket a week later... It's shameless on my part, and really embarrassing."

"So you acted like you didn't remember anything?" Byulyi scoffed. "Like that would erase anything you did at all...?"

"Moon Byulyi, look-" Seokjin turned around to face Byulyi, their eyes meeting directly for the first time. "About what I did a while back... I had my reasons. But I regret that decision of mine every single day."

"You had your reasons?" Byulyi pursed her lips, looking unconvinced. "What were they, then?"

"I... well..." Seokjin swallowed hard, hesitating a little before reaching down for Byulyi's hands. "Actually, I-"

Click.

The door opened and Byulyi looked up, completely unaware about what Seokjin had been about to do. Seokjin retrieved his hand quickly and backed away from her at once, acting like nothing had happened at all. Jungkook emerged from the apartment, avoiding eye contact with the both of them.