chapter 59: radical changes

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

"Everyone, listen up!"

Namjoon clapped his hands loudly, trying to get everyone's attention the very next morning. The buzzing didn't die down, so Namjoon banged his door loudly, waiting until everyone stopped talking before he carried on.

"Hi," Namjoon said with a warm smile. "I've got a few things I need to cover this morning, so please spare me some time before you start work, alright?"

"Yes, bujang-nim!" Hyejin's voice was the clearest one out of all.

"Well, first things first-" Namjoon looked down at the document in his hands, before glancing up to address the office once more. "I know it has already been a rather busy week for everyone. It's summer time, everyone is out and about and there are plenty of stories to cover. But I'm sure you guys know that at the moment, there are a few stories that are of top priority. I need a few of you to push what you're working on to one side first, and address these cases at hand. Before I announce the cases, I wanna know... who's keen?"

The office was now completely silent. This kind of thing happened pretty often - when they were all extremely busy with their cases at hand, they'd all be thrown the same golden opportunity of covering a new and highly important case. However, it was rare that such cases were usually taken up with much gusto, since a lot of the time, covering such cases would mean more time and effort put into work. Such dedication also didn't come with a guaranteed reward - it was possible that they'd work hard for weeks, even months, on the same case, but find absolutely no leads at all to report on. That was a waste of time and effort in the end.

Near the front of the office, a hand shot up, and murmurs filled the entire office.

"Oh... Hoseok sunbae-nim...?"

"Hoseok sunbae is so cool, but I wonder what he's doing this for..."

"Is he trying to prove himself or...?"

"Hoseok sunbae-nim, wow!"

"Daebak..."

"Hoseok-ssi..." Namjoon nodded slowly, narrowing his eyes on Hoseok. "You're interested...?"

"I heard about the construction site case that happened last night, bujang-" Hoseok said, looking more serious than he had ever did before. "I heard that the worker who fell from a great height is currently now in the ICU, fighting for his life. I really want to cover this case really badly, bujang-nim - and I'd appreciate it if you could give me the chance to do so."

"Yes, indeed-" Namjoon held up a folder in his hands. "The construction site incident is one of the urgent cases I have on hand. If you're keen, I am more than willing to entrust you with this case, Hoseok-ssi. Anyone willing to he-"

"Me-" Chungha put up her hand before Namjoon could even complete his sentence. "Bujang, let me help him, I'm interested."

"Chungha-ssi..." Namjoon raised his eyebrows in surprise. "You have never really covered such news before-"

"There's always a first time, bujang-" Chungha nodded, a look of determination in her eyes. "I want to challenge myself this time."

Namjoon hesitated, before turning towards the back. "Jisoo-ssi, you help Hoseok-ssi with this case this time. You've done a similar case before last year."

Jisoo rose to her feet slowly, a dazed expression on her face. "But bujang-nim-"

Namjoon nodded slowly as he turned back to Chungha. "I have one more rather important case on hand, that is, Jennie Kim's bullying case. I find that there are many loopholes about this whole situation and even though BG Entertainment has already released a statement, public opinion hasn't seemed to change yet. Chungha-ssi, please take charge of that case instead."