chapter 144: butterfly

<OST: Tell me about your day - Kwon Jin Ah>

"Dum, dum, dumdi, dum-" Jungkook hummed to himself, before letting out a displeased frown. "No, this isn't it. La, la, ladi, da? Nah, this isn't it either... urgh-"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Jungkook turned around and glanced at the door of his studio. "Who's that?"

Click.

The door opened and Jieun's familiar face with that familiar cheeky smile peeked in. "Hello, JJK-nim! May I come in?"

The serious frown on Jungkook's face disappeared as he grinned from ear to ear from finally seeing his girlfriend after a long, long day at work. A cheeky look spread across his face as he folded his arms and shook his head, leaning back in his swivel chair.

"No, you may not."

"Huh?" Jieun pouted. "Okay, I guess I'll make a move first then-"

"Hey, I'm just joking-" Jungkook smiled as he got up from his seat and grabbed Jieun by the arm, tugging her into his studio. "Come here, you-"

Jieun let out a little giggle as Jungkook took a seat on his chair once more and seated her on his thigh.

"Have you been eating well and sleeping well?" Jieun pouted as she placed the bag of things she brought from his house onto his table before turning to look at him. "You don't even have a proper bed in here... Are you sure you're living comfortably?"

"If you're so concerned about me, why don't you come stay here with me too?" Jungkook gave her a nose-scrunched smile as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Then you won't have to worry anymore."

"Shut up-" Jieun giggled as she prodded at his cheeks. "There's barely even enough space for one person, how can there be enough space for another?"

"That's true..." Jungkook pouted. "I'm sorry, Jieun-ah... I've been neglecting you lately, haven't I? For now, I just really want to put in 100% of my effort to prepare for the upcoming concert... When my concert is finally successfully over, we can spend all the time we want together... okay?"

"Do I seem like such a clingy girlfriend to you?" Jieun laughed as she got up from Jungkook's lap and slowly took out the contents from the bag she had brought. "I can deal with just a few months of being alone. Though I probably should tell you about something..."

"What?"

"You know how I've been inviting different actors and male mods on my channel lately for my series on guys makeup?" Jieun grinned. "Actually... so far, three of them have already asked me for my numbe-"

"They what?!" Jungkook jumped to his feet, his eyes flared and his fists clenched tightly. "Who asked for your number?! Let me see them right now!"

"I told them I'm attached-" Jieun said simply, with a happy smile. "But I just wanted to tell you about it."

"You- they-" Jungkook finally slumped down onto his chair, heaving a sigh of relief. "Oh... good."

"Actually, you don't have to get so worked up-" Jieun commented calmly as she turned to look at Jungkook. "You know you're the only one I'll ever have eyes for, don't you?"

Jungkook stared at Jieun for a few seconds, before reaching out and pulling towards him once more, causing her to land straddled on his lap once more. He grabbed her by her cheek and planted a firm kiss on her lips. It was just a simple, quick peck, but his intentions were clearly delivered across successfully.

"I love you, you know that, right?"

Jieun smiled as she retreated and got to her feet once more, gesturing at the food laid out for him on his table. "Okay, enough lovey-doveyness for now! Eat up, Jungkook-ah. You need energy to keep working for the rest of the night."