Chapter 38

It has been three days since Seokjin told him the truth about Haneul. Also, it has been three days of Taehyung being in such misery, feeling all sorts of emotions eating him in the inside. He exploded in the living room that day, furious at Haru's family for doing nothing but hurting her all this while. His emotion was uncontrollable but Seokjin managed to calm him down.

"We are outsiders. We do not know what the family is going through. Do your part and take care of Haru"

"Shit", he slams the steering wheel, letting out a chesty groan of frustration as he smacks his head on the headrest. "Shit shit shit this is just bullshit"

He had seen Haru cry many times and every single one has been too painful for him. Recalling the night he watched her crying on the road all by herself, her loud sobs filling the deafening silence of the empty road—pain. Or that one night he hugged her because his heart was aching too much at the sight of her standing there, crying to herself – pain.

"Why—why is everyone hurting you??", his voice shakes, feeling the little flame of anger slowly making its way up to his head. "You don't deserve this"

Slowly he rests his head on the wheels, closing his eyes shut as he tries to sort his thoughts. The heavy thumping of his heart rings in his ears, slowly warping everything around him into a blurry vision. It feels like he is alone, in the safety of his car, battling the sudden awaken rage.

Every time he thinks of Haru finding out about the truth, it feels like there's an arrow being shot to a small part of his heart. It pierces deep, instilling pain as he tries to breathe. He feels awful to know about the secret before she does. Seems like the burden has been placed on his shoulders, making everything heavier that it should.

"I can't do this", he sighs to himself. "I can't see you get hurt again"

He stays like that for some time, thinking of a way he can do better for Haru. Any possible ways he can a better man for her. If her family is going to hurt her again, he wants to be her anchor. He wants to be the one Haru can lean on, the one that can heal her, and the one she can trust.

The sound of his phone startled him, making him look up just to realize his surrounding has gotten really dark. The parking lot has emptied compared to the time he walked out from the building. He looks around, realizing the sun has completely set and the streetlights are on.

Haru 🍓:

I miss you 🐻

He reads her text, breaking into a smile as he stares at the three simple words. They could not meet up this week, both too caught up with work. The only thing they could do was calling each other in the morning and then a short video call before going to bed. Of course, the constant messaging throughout the day as well.

Mister Kim 🐻:

I want to see you. Where are you?

Haru 🍓:

On my way homeeee. Have you eaten? Do you want to eat with me?

Mister Kim 🐻:

Did you drive to work?

Haru 🍓:

I did.

Mister Kim 🐻:

What do you feel like eating?

Haru 🍓:

Ramen and kimchi.........can we??? The convenient store in front of my house.....?