Chapter 57

"Come on Jiwoo, you need to sort your feelings"

Jiwoo looks over her shoulder, eyes rolling at Yeonjun trailing behind her as she turns to the green sweater she was eyeing on the rack. They have spent the entire day together, getting breakfast with Soobin before he had to leave to meet his parents shortly before noon. Yongsun had some errands to run thus she was unable to join the two of them.

That is how they end up wondering around the shopping mall, killing time on a very peaceful Saturday.

"I am not going to tell him"

Yeonjun grunted again, nudging at her shoulder as he pinches the side of her arm slightly. "You are being a chicken"

"And you are being so Yeonjun—annoying"

He sighs as Jiwoo ignore him again, walking further ahead the aisle of colourful sweaters, focusing on shopping instead of the issue. He listened to her confession over lunch earlier and was surprised she does not plan on pursuing her crush. Years of knowing Jiwoo, he understands what is stopping her but then, it does not mean she doesn't deserve to try.

He met Officer Kim once during their little party that night over Haru's place and he knew instantly he is such good man—a dependable one. He is amazed with Officer Kim, his dedication towards his work is beyond admirable. Officer Kim shared his experiences light-heartedly, with no intention of gloating his expertise to them and that made him respect him even more.

So, when Jiwoo admitted she likes him for quite some time already, it sparks a thought of something he had witnessed that night.

He had seen the way Officer Kim keeps glancing at Jiwoo. But he was not sure if anyone else had seen it.

"Jiwoo", he catches her shoulders, forcing her to look at him. "Why don't you talk to him?"

"To who? Officer Kim? Are you out of your freaking mind?", she frowns, crossing her arms as she looks at him. "I can't do that"

"And why is that?"

Jiwoo takes one long breath as she closes her eyes, exhaling slowly as she tries to calm herself. She knows his intention is good and admitted she might need the little push but for some reason, she is still hesitant on this matter. She just does not want to hope so much and end up breaking her own heart in the future.

She needs to take care of her heart too.

Jiwoo was about to say something when a woman suddenly appeared beside them, looking at them with mindful eyes as if she wants something.

"I am sorry—But, I would like to see the sweater here", she points at the white sweater directly beside Yeonjun. "I didn't mean to interrupt"

"I am sorry", Jiwoo smiles politely at the lady, pulling Yeonjun to the side to make way for her.

"Thank you very much", she replies.

Jiwoo turns to Yeonjun again, still frustrated at her friend for never dropping this matter ever since she brought it up over lunch. "Yeonjun, seriously, I just don't think I will ever confess or say anything to him. That's something impossible"

She glances at the lady at the side, watching as she waves at someone from across the space but before she could even turn, the lady suddenly calls the person's name.

"Namjoon! Here! I am here!"

Her head turned in a flash, spotting Officer Kim making his way towards them—the lady to be more precise – and he seems to not realize the presence of Yeonjun and herself.