Chapter 27

The whole journey back to her apartment building was strangely silent but at the same time comfortable. Mister Kim had insisted he drive her car even when she had offered to send him off first. So, he drove all the way to her apartment building, helped parked the car and even accompanied her all the way to the front door. They did not talk much because first; she has no idea how to properly talk to him now that feelings are involved and they had kissed and second, she is still too exhausted from everything.

All she could think of is showering and continue her sleep since it is finally the weekend.

"You should really rest", he stands behind her, watching as she pressed the combination on the little black screen on the doorknob. "You need the rest"

Halting midway, she turns around to face him

Halting midway, she turns around to face him. "Don't you think we need to talk?"

He raised both eyebrows, seemingly surprised at the question. But then he slowly relaxes and smiles, closing the distance between them. "We do. But you need to sleep. We will talk about us later, or tomorrow, okay?". He swiftly puts one hand on her shoulder and leans in to lightly kiss her forehead before caressing the back of her head gently.

Caught off guard, Haru feels herself blooming with heat at the sudden gesture. A low gasp fell out of her lips when she feels his lips on her forehead in a feathery touch. She might have flinched slightly, body unconsciously jerking at the sparks ignited on her skin when he did that.

"Go inside", he steps back. "Sleep, okay?"

A sudden gush of feelings rushed into her heart, sending signals to her head and then, to her entire body. Seems like every inch of her existence is reacting to his gesture. When she looks up to meet his eyes, her entire stomach flipped at the fondness in his eyes filled with nothing but unspoken emotions. The way he looks at her feels different now and if possible, more affectionate this time.

"Haru?"

"Y-Ye—oh! Right, I will rest, of course", she mentally slaps herself for gawking at him. "Please have a good rest too, Mister Kim"

He smiles at the way she calls him "Mister Kim", wanting to tease her but then he decided to save it for later. He waits till she finally unlocks her door, returning the little tired smile she offered him before closing the door. Making sure she has locked the door by the beeping sound heard, he then finally makes his way to the lift.

At the other side of the door, Haru leans on the big wooden door, staring into the dark space of her apartment. A few seconds standing alone in the deafening silence, she slides down to the floor as realization hits her. She did not get to think of anything thoroughly since last night. So now, when she is finally at the comfort of her own home and alone, everything hit her like a massive brick.