Chapter 21

Monday comes again and as usual the first class will be none other than Madam Choi's on which she had missed for the past one week and a half. She was the first one to arrive in the big empty lecture hall since she woke up before her alarm could even ring. The first thing she did was to text the group chat informing the other three she will be heading to class first.

Seated there alone, she takes in the dimly lit hall appreciating the calming silence of the empty space. No one is even there yet except for the security guard that was on patrol and was clearly surprised to see her. It's barely half past seven in the morning hence it makes sense for the old man to look extremely confused when he saw her walking into the class the second it was unlocked.

She takes out her phone planning to check her academic calendar. She has been wondering just how quick the semester has been to the extend she could not keep track of everything. Too many things happened within the span of 3 months and somehow it felt unbelievably swift. Feels like it was just yesterday they entered their final semester and now she is left with barely 3 weeks to go before going off for her second internship.

"What have I been doing these 3 months", she locks her phone and leans back on the wooden board behind her. "Have I really lost track of time"

Closing her eyes shut, she tries to clear her mind not wanting to think of anything yet this early. Almost dozing off at her seat, the sudden email notification sound from her phone made her jump as she opens her eyes in a flash.

"Who on earth would ema—eh?", a gasp fell out of her mouth as she reads the name of the sender. "A-Areum?". Tapping on the email as she scans her fingerprint, it directly opens the content of the email.

"Hey, you leave me with no choice but to email you. You still have me blocked on every possible medium, so this is my last resort. You have not read my letter, have you? I know you. That is why I am emailing you. Please don't stop reading, I just really need you to hear me out. Please...?

I am sorry for hurting you. I know it is entirely my fault to keep this from you all these years. Don't be mad at Haneul too. She has been begging me to tell you for years already, but I was such a coward. I was so scared of you rejecting me. I can't bear losing you because I love you so so much.  I am coward because I fear losing you. I have nobody else. I only have you and Haneul now.

But, I know the damage is done and there is no point for me to be defending myself. Nevertheless, I want you to know that I am still your sister, blood related or no, I still am your Areum. The sister that loves to annoy you and steals your banana milk. To me, our bond is more than just blood. Even there is no blood relation between us, I still want to be your annoying sister. I will not ask you to forgive me but I wish you can give me a chance to fix everything.

I am sorry for leaving suddenly. I had a call for an urgent meeting, so I had to fly back here earlier than planned. I miss you already. So....give me a call anytime okay? And Haneul misses you, and she is blaming me because you haven't been visiting her for two weeks already T_T . Don't let Haneul wait too long okay? She needs you.

I love you, Haru. I really do. And I know things are rough and I haven't been there for you. But I can offer you assurance that when you need me, I will drop everything for you. That has been my promise since day one. You remember that okay? Love you and miss you.

(and anyway, I went out on a date with Seokjin once and god damn it how is he so perfect ok bye)

"You're crying"

Soobin's voice surprised her, making her look up only to realize her eyes are teary and her vision slightly blurry. She blinked once and there goes her tears trickling down her cold cheeks. She had not realized she was crying, probably to engrossed reading the email Areum had sent her.