Chapter 56 : Serendipity

Staring at the picture of Haneul and her, she has long forgotten the work she was doing when the thought of her sister crossed her mind. She misses her terribly, her heart heaves with longing and she yearns to hear her sweet voice laughing loudly at her silly jokes. Despite her acceptance of her passing, everything still feels unreal as if Haneul left too soon.

As much as it hurts that she is gone, Haru feels more at ease knowing her sister is no longer in pain.

"I miss you", she traces the photo with her finger, smiling bitterly to herself. "I really do"

The soft buzz on her phone startled her, a text notification appearing at the top of her screen making her grin to herself as Taehyung's name appear.

Taehyung :

I miss you :((((

Haru :

Hmmmm really?

Taehyung :

I do, I want to see youuuuuuu 😭

Haru :

But you're busy.........did you forget you have not met me at all this week???? are you forgetting me? you're cute girlfriend?

Taehyung :

I have your photo as my lock screen. Don't make me change my laptop wallpaper to your photo 🙂

Haru :

WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

Taehyung :

Because I am in dire need of vitamin haru before I die.

I hate seminars 🤢🤢

Haru :

What time do you finish today?

Taehyung :

I have no ideaaaaa. WE HAVE NOT MET ALL THIS WEEK. THIS IS CRUELTY 😑

Haru :

Stop being cute

Taehyung :

Can I come and see you after work?

Haru :

You're going to be tired. Go home straight. I will go to your place.

Taehyung :

My apartment? You're going to wait at my apartment? 🤔

Haru :

YES BECAUSE I AM THE SWEETEST GIRLFRIEND EVER🥱

Taehyung :

CAN I GO HOME NOW THEN

Haru :

Stop being cute and go back to work. I need to do work as well.

Taehyung :

See you. Miss you. I miss youuuu 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Giggling at his reply, she puts her phone down at the side before resuming whatever work she was doing before she got distracted. Her face hurt from all the smiling, making her shake her head as she pushes all thoughts out of her head.

She couldn't remember the last time she was this happy. It feels like her insides are blooming and so close to bursting pixie dust and colourful flowers from all the overwhelming happiness. Sometimes it feels unreal to be feeling this happy. Taehyung really makes her so happy—too happy—to the extent she pinches her cheeks too frequently thinking everything is just a dream.