Chapter 20

"Here, Juri asked me to make you a cup of chamomile tea"

Haru's sleepy eyes flick up to see Yoongi placing a yellow mug on the small round table beside her. He asked her stay longer after dinner saying he wanted to talk to her. Juri even invited her to stay over that night.

"Is this a bribe? What do you want to know?", she teases, making the older man laughs. "Juri always gives me chamomile tea whenever she knows you're going to have this brother-sister talk with me"

"You know her", he settles on the chair at the other side of the table, stretching his hands upwards with a yawn. "Drink it first"

"Is she sleeping?"

"She is", Yoongi looks over his shoulder. "She goes to sleep as early as 8 pm sometimes. The pregnancy is really sucking the life out of her"

"Ahhh, I can't wait for the babyyyy", Haru claps enthusiastically, eyes sparkling with delight

"Ahhh, I can't wait for the babyyyy", Haru claps enthusiastically, eyes sparkling with delight. "I can bet she is going to take after Juri's bambi eyes"

"Okay—you are not going to change the topic here, young lady", Yoongi suddenly turns to her, sharp eyes studying hers. "How are you feeling today?"

Slowly the smile on her face disappears, and the look of disappointment makes its appearance. Yoongi knows about Areum. In fact, he was the person she called after she went home that night. Yoongi stayed on the phone as she cried, listening to all her mumbles amidst her heavy sobs. She was sure she cried herself to sleep and left him hanging.

"I am not fine"

"Do you want to be fine?", he arched an eyebrow while giving a look of concern. "It is okay if you don't want to be fine for now"

"I know"

"But you kept forgetting you have a life too, do you know that?", he chuckles lowly. "Jiwoo is finally getting her problem fixed. It is time that you settle down, and look after yourself for once"

"I-I know", she looks down, the familiar heavy feeling slowly returning. "I just wonder if I can go on with this life—like, what is the point?"

"Living, is the point", Yoongi clicked his tongue, sinking deeper into the chair. "You are alive, and you are living for yourself. If you think you want to crash, that is when you go faster"

Haru turns to him, a look on puzzlement and amusement mixed. "That's a weird way to put it"

"I know you are a strong person, but right now, if you are not strong, you are still a person"