Chapter 49

Just like last year, Haru ends up spending her Christmas with her usual guests; Jiwoo, Soobin and Yeonjun. She found out Yeonjun was supposed to go out for a date with his long-time crush but the moment he heard Haru is not meeting Mister Kim for Christmas, he did a rain check and came rushing to her apartment instead.

Haru did put up a fight, insisting that he go back Yongsun and continue with their plan but Yeonjun shut her up and said he will never abandon their strong friendship. Dramatic much, but it surely tugged the string of her weak heart. That is why she suggested he invites Yongsun to her house so that they can have dinner together. He hesitated at first but with the mushy support from the other two friends, he gave her a call on which she happily agreed to drop by.

Thus, that is how the three girls ; Haru, Jiwoo and Yongsun end up together on the three-seater couch, slightly tipsy as they laugh at the little joke Jiwoo just spilled about Yeonjun. The coffee table of Haru's cozy living room is filled with boxes of fried chicken, spicy rice cakes, potato chips, corn dogs and not to forget, bottles of soju.

They have been indulging themselves with a Christmas movie of Soobin's choice ; Home Alone 2 and not halfway through the movie, everyone is just too drunk to even focus on the tv screen already.

"Oh god, they are very drunk", Soobin looks up at the three girls on the couch, face flushed and still laughing at whatever they are talking about. "Looks like we are crashing here for the night"

"Looks like it", Yoenjun glances at Yongsun, smiling at the sight of her laughing out loud as she slaps on Jiwoo's thigh at the same time. "They seem to get a long really well too"

"A plus point!", Soobin clicked his tongue, reaching for another piece of rice cake from the plate. "You and Yongsun getting serious?"

"I hope so", Yeonjun blushes, looking down to hide his pink face. "She's such a great person"

"oooooooo our Yeonjun is in loveeeeee"

"Shut up"

Feeling the slight vibration from under her left thigh, Haru lazily pulls out her phone that has been crushed beneath her, bringing it closer to her face to check. Taehyung's name appear on the screen, but then in her drunken state, the bitterness from not getting a reply from her last text reappears and she decided not to answer his call. Throwing her phone to the side, she grabs another piece of chicken, wanting to distract herself.

She understands Taehyung has been busy and she too has been worried to her stomach thinking about his wellbeing. To say that she is okay not spending their first Christmas together might not be accurate because after all, she did want their first Christmas to be somehow, special. But it turns out that it is just another normal Christmas with her friends, not that she is no grateful for, nevertheless it is not wrong to wish for something more, isn't it?

She has been dreadful the entire day after she left Taehyung's apartment before noon, thinking and thinking about the bitter feeling. She is not mad at Taehyung, but with him being a little off for the past few days, she is more worried than actually mad. Not a second passed by without her wondering if he has eaten, has he gotten enough rest, did he manage to take breaks in between work and just so much more.

So when Taehyung didn't reply to her text ,it might have triggered the slight irritation on which she is livid at herself for feeling so.

Her phone lights up again, indicating she has received a text thus she quickly reached for it. To say that she is sad might be an understatement now as the text she just received might not be something she has expected on a Christmas—a day to celebrate joy and love.