Chapter 3

Her eyes widened unconsciously as she stares at Madam Choi before shifting her gaze to the man standing beside her. He looks at her with a straight  face, looking unaffected, not the slightest. It took every inch of her guts to appear perfectly composed as she forced a smile on her lips and nods in agreement.

 It took every inch of her guts to appear perfectly composed as she forced a smile on her lips and nods in agreement

"I don't mind at all, Madam. If that is fine with you"

"That will be great then!", she taps on Taehyung's shoulder. "Seo Haru is my best student, I hope you get along well"

The compliment was said out loud and everyone acknowledged it. It's known by everyone  how extremely brilliant Haru is in her studies. The top of her class, excelling in every subject she has taken and always the lecturer's favourite. Other students do come to her for help at times and never once Haru rejected their request.

But then, what matters now is how is she still sitting up straight when her soul just left her body.

"Haru...", Jiwoo pulls her elbow. "Look alive", she whispers discreetly as she helps Haru to push her screen back upright, pretending her friend did not just turn pale at the sudden decision.

Haru gathers herself as she stares at her thousands of letters on her laptop screen, hearing herself breathing slowly as she processes everything that just happened.

"What the hell just happened?", she turns to Jiwoo, looking completely flabbergasted. "Did Madam Choi—"

"She did", Jiwoo holds herself from bursting out laughing, trying her best to remain on her friend's side. "Haru, you will be fine"

"How—shit", she sighs loudly to herself, shoulders dropped as she leans on the chair. "I have to refer to him for my proposal? Why—just—what the heck"

Jiwoo gently rubs her back, feeling for her friend but there is not much she can do. After all, from the perspective of her lecturer, it's a great opportunity for Haru to expend her writing with someone of a better expertise. Madam Choi is a good choice but maybe, to her, the research assistant might be a better help, in whatever way possible.

"Come on, you can do this. This shall not be a distraction to you. You are doing so good with your writing already", Jiwoo comforts her, pressing on her shoulders. "This will not come in your way, okay?"

Haru nods in agreement, not wanting to spare another second thinking about the accidental mess she is in. Her focus needs to be on completing the first three chapters of her thesis, ensuring every single word written would contribute to her final semester's grade.

"I need to go find my supervisor. I guess, the research assistant will come and see you soon", Jiwoo packs her stuff into her bag reluctantly, realizing how her friend's mood has shifted completely. "Haru, look at me"