Chapter 28

He seems unaware of her watching him the entire time. He takes a sip of the light pink drink, tasting it before nodding to himself. Putting the used mixer into the sink, he moves to the stove, taking the wooden spatula to stir something in the medium pot. Sniffing the air, Haru catches the smell of anchovies and garlic, combined with some spices she was sure from her cabinet.

"Will this be too spicy for her?", he mumbles. "I shouldn't put so much black pepper just now—oh damn it"

A slow smile curves on her lips, heart blooming warmly at the sight of him .First, she is so relieved that he did not leave. Second, the sight of him cooking in the kitchen does something to her heart.

Mister Kim is in her kitchen, cooking. Her kitchen. And he is cooking.

"Never imagine I would see you cooking in my kitchen"

He turns in a flash, big, surprised eyes looking at her. A soft shriek fell out of his lips when he spots her there, amusement sprawled all over her sleepy face.

"I am sorry—I just—", he turns to the stove. "I didn't want to wake you up to ask for permission to use your kitchen. I hope you don't mind"

"Why do you need to ask for permission?" she furrows her eyebrows

"Why do you need to ask for permission?" she furrows her eyebrows. "Something smells really nice here"

She walks into the kitchen, heading straight to the stove to have a look at whatever he is cooking. The strong smell hits her nose, famishing and definitely so appetizing.

"Wait—is this—"

"Leek Soup", he finishes the sentence for her. "I-I called my brother to ask what kind of soup you like—he said leek soup"

"Eh", she looks up at him, mouth flung open. "Y-You called Dr Kim...to ask...what...?"

He giggles at her state, turning to the stove to check on the soup. He scoops a little into the wooden spatula, blows on it a few times before turning to her. "Have a taste, tell me what else I need to add"

Haru gulped at his gesture, eyes widening at him holding the spatula so close to her mouth. It doesn't make sense but why is his every gesture makes her heart flips? Everything little thing he does now—even smiling—would certainly flutters her entire being.

"Haru?"

"Oh-Oh okay", she swallows deeply, before slowly opening her mouth allowing him to feed her.

"Is it still hot?"

Shaking her head, she sips the warm soup carefully letting the aromatic scent pierces her nostril as the light taste of the leek soup awakens her.

"It's good", she nods, amazement glinting in her eyes. "You pass"

"Great then!", he turns the stove off, proceeding to carry the pot to the table he has set up earlier. "I made you strawberry Yakult, that will definitely freshen you up. You slept the entire evening, so I guess you are lightheaded. Let me just get you a straw. I think I have seen it in one of your drawers"