Chapter 40

note : just so you know I did not survive writing this chapter without wanting to scream into the wall. I kept getting flustered so you got the hint :D

-

Head heavy and dizzy, Haru looks around the empty hotel room, eyes squinting at the light hitting her face. The morning light beaming through the drawn curtains woke her up a minute ago, agitating her when her sleep got disturbed. Rubbing her eyes, she scans the room feeling slightly lost and forgetting she's actually not home. Sniffing herself, her nose crunches as her own smell making her panic remembering that Mister Kim is actually with her.

Jumping off the bed, she runs to the toilet and quickly freshen up ; washed her face and brushed her teeth, just to look decent in the morning. At the back of her mind, she wondered where did he go so early in the morning but the thought got cut off when another wave of memory waved in.

How much did she drink last night? She couldn't even remember anything.

Staring at her own reflection in the mirror as she pats her face dry, she tries her best to at least remember something from last night. She looks at her clothes, still from the ones she wore when she went out for dinner.

"Nothing happened, right?", she sighs at herself, pinching her cold cheeks so that she could look alive and fresh.

Walking out of the toilet, she lets out another heavy sigh before clearing her throat.

"I bought you coffee"

His deep voice made her jump, accidentally dropping the small towel to the floor as she looks up. He stands there in front of the bed, two paper cups in both hands, looking at her innocently as if he didn't give her the shock of her life.

"Have you showered?", he puts the cups on the table before turning at her again. "Oh, no you have not"

"No, I just—wait", she rubs her chest, calming herself. "You surprised me"

"I am sorry", he chuckles innocently, helping her pick up the towel and puts it in her hand. "Didn't meant to scare you"

There is something different in the way he is looking at her. It feels like something shifted sometime between last night and right now, but she couldn't really figure it out. So, when he just looks at her, giving that undistinguished knowing look, she couldn't help but to look very baffled.

"Miste—I mean—"

"Taehyung", he smirks  before turning around, taking the cups of coffee and goes straight to sit at the edge of the messy bed. "Let's have some coffee first?"

"Where did you buy them?"

"I asked the receptionist. She suggested a café not far from here instead of the vending machines ones. I got you your favourite Salted Caramel Latte", he announced proudly, a bright smug plastered on his face. "It smells good"

"Smells nice", she takes a seat beside him, carefully taking the cup from his hand. "So warm"

"You smell nicer"

She could not even take a proper sip of her coffee and ends up gasping, turning to look at him with big eyes. "What did—What?"

"Nothingggg", looking away, he takes a slow sip of his coffee and left her hanging. "Drink it while it's warm to keep you warm or do you need me to keep you warm?"