Chapter 33

"I can't believe you dragged me to do.... groceries?", Haru blows her hair, walking closely behind Jiwoo. "I just finished work and it's Friday and—"

"Awwwww, did I make you choose between your handsome boyfriend and me?", she turns around, mimicking a sad face before letting out a loud laugh, turning heads of the people at the aisle. "I am cooking something for lunch tomorrow. My mom invited Officer Kim for lunch"

"O-Officer Kim? The man you have been crushing?"

"Excuse me?", she throws a packet of chips into the basket. "I didn't say I have a crush on him. I said he is very attractive and kind-hearted, that is all"

Haru observes her friend ignoring the questioning look she is giving, proceeding to walk ahead leaving. Jiwoo did talk about Officer Kim a few times and how she find ls him so respectable. And also how her mother dotes on him a little bit too much and even starts treating him like her own son.

"Are you both...close?", she walks to Jiwoo's side, helping her with the basket.

"Close?", she sounds confused. "No, we are not. My mom has been doing all the talking—well—not close. Other than that very much awkward walk at the park, nothing. I like him but, in such a....respectable manner? Like I admire him as a person. He is such a great person"

"I see", Haru nods to herself as she turns to look around the aisle. Her tired eyes scan the not so empty grocery store, spotting many customers still in their work clothes—like Jiwoo and her. As much as she wishes she is home and, on her bed, she would not want to miss the chance to spend some time with Jiwoo.

Jiwoo has been so busy this week and she wonders how she has been coping with the first week on internship. When Jiwoo's mother had won the case, a lot of issues need to be taken care off on which requires the presence of Jiwoo. Everything of her mother's possession has been changed to her name which means, she just become an heiress. Jiwoo's mother is from an elite family, born to an heir and heiress, thus this makes Jiwoo an heiress too.

But one of the traits Haru loves about Jiwoo is, she is very down to earth. When they first met 4 years ago, Jiwoo literally mentioned nothing about her family background. Nothing at all. Haru only found out about it when Jiwoo's mother invited her over to the house for the first time ever. Then only she found out about her family and how extremely powerful her family are.

"Haru.....", Jiwoo pulls her. "Why does that man look like Officer Kim....?"

"Eh—What?", she follows Jiwoo's eyes, scanning the space before spotting the tall figure standing at the opposite aisle. "Hmmm?"

Both of them literally crane their neck just to have a better look at the man standing tall at middle of the aisle, one hand holding his phone while another holds a medium sized green box. The two girls had their eyes glued on him as he looks up at the row of many green boxes in front of him while he reads something from his phone. It is hard to figure if that man is actually Officer Kim with the baseball cap covering his face, the thick brown scarf wrapped around his neck hiding most of his features and also, his back facing them.

Out of nowhere, another tall man comes to his side making him look to the side, revealing his face.

It is Officer Kim. And to their surprise, the man that just walked up to him is none other than Mister Kim.

Both of them lets out the loudest gasp, exchanging a panic look before things took a drastic turn and Jiwoo drops her basket to the floor. Haru's first reflex was to catch the handle of the plastic basket but then she accidentally stepped in between Jiwoo's feet and tripped onto her instead. The impact made her push Jiwoo forward and Jiwoo's first impulse was to reach for Haru's arm for anchor but then everything happened too fast and they end up stumbling onto the cold floor.