Chapter 48

"I know everyone is very excited about the Christmas and tonight is the Christmas eve—I can see everyone fidgeting here and there as I talk because you are eager to go home and get ready for your dates, I understand. But, please ensure you clean your work place before leaving work today and don't forget you still have work the day after tomorrow till new year's, okay?"

Everyone in the office nods at the Manager of the department, listening to her last words before she finally dismisses everyone to get to their Christmas eve's plans. It has been a very busy day at the office, everyone has been hustling to meet deadlines just for the sake of Christmas. It's a joyful sight to see, smiles on everyone faces and the cheerful mood of the office. Feels like everyone is prepping themselves for the long awaited Christmas, excited to share this delightful moment with their loved ones.

Haru sits at her desk, putting aside the last report for the day as she finally completed it after struggling for days and nights skimming and scanning bunches of documents, extracting details after details before compiling everything in one simplified report. It took every bit of her patience not to just burn all the papers on her table, flip her table and leave the office. It had been too difficult to focus with all the headache after reading report after report for a week already.

She taps on the calendar icon on her phone, looking at the little note she added on the 30th of the month. It is 5 days to Taehyung's birthday, but she has nothing planned for him yet. Not that she does not want to, but Taehyung has been exceptionally busy these days. He explained he has been assigned to assist not one but two researchers at the same time and it is driving him crazy and crazier each day.

She understands that. Plus, Taehyung did mention he plans on going back to his hometown for a week after his last conference for this year ends, which is tomorrow. That makes her wonder if he plans to spend his birthday with his family and perhaps, he will let her celebrate it with him on a later day.

"Maybe I should just get him a cake earlier?", she twirls on her chair, fingers tapping on the handle as she stares at the bright light bulb above her.

The sudden vibration in her hand makes her jump on her seat, surprised to see a text from Dr Kim.

Dr Kim :

Haru, do you have any plans for Tae's birthday? 🥳

Haru :

I wanted to, but he said he is going back to Daegu after his conference tomorrow. I am assuming he is celebrating it with the family? I do not mind tho!

Dr Kim :

Looks like it. He said that?

Haru :

Not really. But the last time I met him, he mentioned about going back to Daegu for a week till new year.

Dr Kim :

I see, he does that every year. Are you okay with it?

Haru :

Hahahahaha why do you sound so worried? I am fine with it. family comes first, Dr kim! are you going back as well?

Dr Kim :

I planned to. Bought the train ticket already but I just have to be on standby in case I got beeped for any emergencies on that day. Sad life isn't it.......🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Haru :

I'll drop by to give you some food 🤣

-