Chapter 13

Everything either moved too fast or too slow but Haru had no recollection how she ended seated on this wooden bench at this unfamiliar park. When Mister Kim had gently helped her up 30 minutes ago, carefully holding her as he walked her towards his car, her mind just completely shut down. He even helped her sit on the passenger seat, realizing how she had completely blacked out from the commotion.

Even when he had left her alone in his car, nothing came to mind. Nothing. All she could hear is the low murmurs of Mister Kim talking to the tall officer—Officer Kim Namjoon—and how they have agreed to take care of things.

Haru has no idea where the tall officer has taken Jiwoo and her mother nor what he talked about with Jiwoo's father. She could not even think—nothing. Her mind unexpectedly just went blank, and it feels like she has forgotten everything.

The slight movement at the side made her snap out her blank dizzy thoughts, her eyes looking up at the man taking a seat beside her. She watches him, slowly studying his face letting her senses work as seconds pass. She takes in his soft black hair that has gotten a little messy due to the sudden wind, his focused eyes tearing a packet of something she has no idea of and then she smells the familiar fragrance again. The lingering scent of lavender and chamomile, so soft and so comforting.

She closed her eyes, allowing the scent to take over because she needs it. She needs any form of comfort right now and that gentle smell of lavender and chamomile seems perfect. For a fleeting second, she really wanted to just lean closer to him so that she can engulf herself in that calming smell. But her conscious at the back of her head says no and it will be absolutely ridiculous for her to do that.

"Seo Haru?", he calls her name in the softest way possible, making her open her eyes in a flash. "Are you here with me?"

She looks at his eyes, catching the obvious look of concern beaming out of that sharp gaze

She looks at his eyes, catching the obvious look of concern beaming out of that sharp gaze. "I..."

"Slowly", he speaks again. "Don't force yourself"

Instead of looking away, she just keeps looking at him. She stares at him as if she is seeing a ghost, doubting if he is really there. And to her surprise, he did not even look away. He is looking at her if he is ready to give her whatever answers she is searching.

Swiftly she reaches for the hem of his long black sweatshirt, pinching the cloth in between her thumb and index finger.

"You are...real", she whispers in disbelief, her eyes slowly getting bigger.

She takes her own sweet time, letting his presence sinks in. It feels unreal—honestly—and she could not really register anything in her fuzzy state of mind.

Taehyung's eyes look down at his sleeve where she is holding, making a small smile appears at the corner of his lips. "I am real"

A slow gasp fell from her lips as she moves away from him, her minds finally connecting every detail. "M-Mister..Kim...oh my god? What did—"