Chapter 52

Both fell asleep on the big couch, still facing the big clear sliding door and not even the bright beaming sunlight of the late afternoon could disturb their peaceful slumber. Cuddled together just like earlier, except that this time, Taehyung is the one leaning onto her, his cheek gently pressed on her stomach as he lies on his front, half of his body on the couch and another slightly pressed onto her frame. His hand has been around her body for quite some time and when Haru stirs awake, she is greeted with the warm feeling of his fingers clutching on her gown and the sight of the back his head.

Taehyung is sleeping facing the sliding door, slighting tilting his head downwards on which right now, all she can see is his messy black hair. Despite the cramp on her legs for sitting so long and having half of his weight on top of her, nothing could ever beat the feeling of endearment as she listens to soft breathing of him as he sleeps so soundly on her stomach.

This kind of intimacy is new to her but yet it feels so comfortable. Having him relaxed as he sleeps after such a long emotional night filled with tears, this sight makes her feel relieved.

"Such a clingy baby bear aren't you?", she runs her fingers through his hair, feeling so content and heart so warm. She plays with his hair, gentle enough not to wake him up before her hand trains down, rubbing his back with the softest cloudy touch. Her hand then goes back into his soft hair, playing the long strands of his hair with such caress as possible. Then she stops, fingers slippingout of his hair as her attention slowly drifts out to the sunny weather outside, admiring the clear blue sky of the afternoon.

"Why did you stop?"

She heard his sleepy mumbles, watching as he shifts slightly on her stomach and one of his hands stretching backward in search for her hand. It took him a little effort to finally put her hand back in his hair, shuffling slightly as he relaxes again as his hands hug her tight.

"I love it"

"Hmmm?"

"I love it when you play with my hair"

His raspy timber voice sounds so deep to her ears, yet it fills her with such sweetness, the kind of sweet that makes you want to reach that voice and stores in deep in your memory. If there is one thing she wants to remember for the rest of her life—his voice. That slow deep rooted tune of his voice, so mellow and so soulful yet so gentle and so sweet. A sound that you yearn to hear on a rainy evening as you sit by the window, wrapped into a cocoon and warming your hands with the a cup of hot chocolate. So soothing, so calming and so homey.

She smiles to herself while her fingers gently play with his hair again, listening to the soft satisfied hum coming out of him. "Hey, we should get up, don't you think?"

"No, I want to stay like this with you longer"

Her entire body seems to react to his words, feeling that gentle warmness flowing through her veins as she stares at the back of his head, pulling one shy smile on her lips out of nowhere.

"Can I request something from you?"

Taehyung's eyes flick open as the question, taking a few seconds to gather himself before he props himself up and turns to face her. He looks at her, or more like, blankly staring at her as he replays the sudden question in his head. Then, ever so softly, he takes her hands into his, brushing his knuckles with his fingers as he nods at her.

"What is it?"

"Can you try to trust me? And lean on me? Talk to me whenever things get heavy. Never ever think yourself as a burden because you are not, Taehyung, you are not. And...well, if you are unable to speak the things in your head", her voice trails off, and her eyes drop to their hands for a few seconds before she looks up again. "You can just hug me. I hope when you hug me, I can at least give your strength or, I can just sit with you and accompany you. I just...let me be there for you. I want to be there for you"