Chapter 26

Yoongi's jaw dropped at the sight of the unknown man at his doorstep. He turns to Haru, giving a subtle questioning look at the new friend she brought but then she dismissed him and flashed a sweet smile instead.

 He turns to Haru, giving a subtle questioning look at the new friend she brought but then she dismissed him and flashed a sweet smile instead

"Come in, dinner is ready for both of you", Yoongi invites them in, gesturing them to wait at the living room. "Nice to meet you, new friend"

Taehyung's eyes perk up at the little greeting but then he quickly bows to the pale guy. "Thank you for having me. Nice to meet you too, I am Kim Tae—"

"Ohhhhh, you're the guy!",Yoongi interrupts him, nodding to himself as he locks the door of his apartment. "Please wait for a while, let me bring the food to the table"

Taehyung bows again when Yoongi turns to him for a few seconds before he disappears into the kitchen. He stands there clueless, head filled with questions. This guy is the same guy he had seen with Haru not once, but twice. The guy who made her laughed so earnestly that night and the one that have been keeping him awake, doubting his chances with Haru.

He is dumbfounded to find himself in the house of the man he once assumed his competition—maybe still is. He wonders about this man's relationship with her, but he is too scared to ask, worried he might hear him. It will be very disrespectful  to be asking about him in his very own house all while he is the unexpected guest.

But then he feels uneasy and slightly—if possible—challenged. He turns to Haru, finding her looking at him with a look of pure amusement. She raised her eyebrows at him, slyly questioning him for looking at her that way.

"What?"

"That guy is...?"

"Yoongi", she answers gleefully. "Min Yoongi"

"Min Yoongi? I have seen you with him before. Who is he? Are you both close? Really close? What is your relationship with him? How close are you?"

Haru's mouth flung open and his endless questions, and also the way he looks very much confused and lost

Haru's mouth flung open and his endless questions, and also the way he looks very much confused and lost. Instead of giving him an answer, she looks at him, letting out a small intended laugh just to tease him.