Chapter 11

Haru has been sitting there on the same bench, cluelessly staring at the quiet empty garden. She is not sure what Mister Kim meant when he asked her to wait here. It has been 15 minutes since he left her there and now, she wonders if she should keep waiting or maybe she should go back to Haneul's room.

The faint footsteps approaching her makes her eyes perk up, turning to the left to see him walking towards her. He says nothing as he takes his seat beside her, putting the plastic bag he has been holding at the small space between them. Gently he takes out a can of coffee, opens it and hands it to her while showing her a soft smile.

"W-What is this?", she looks at him blankly.

"This is...coffee?"

"I-I know but why are you giving it to me?", she cannot believe she asked that question, but she really is lost.

"Because...this is yours?", he nods at her to take it again, offering another small smile. "I bought you coffee, I think this is the same as the one you chose from the vending machine the other night. I hope I got it right"

She ends up staring him with a big question mark on her face

She ends up staring him with a big question mark on her face. It is even funnier because he is too staring at her with his hand that is holding her coffee extended towards her.

"You don't want this coffee?", he looks down at the coffee in his hand and he looks up again, looking puzzled. "Or do you want the other one?"

He puts the coffee to the side and starts rummaging through the plastic bag. He takes out a few other canned drinks and puts them in the space between them.

"I bought a few just in case one is not enough and—"

"Mister Kim", she stops him. "No, I didn't mean it that way"

Haru watches as he looks up at her with that round puppy eyes, almost making her heart skip another few beats. She had only seen the intimidating part of this man, but she had never seen this one. This innocent kind of adorable part of the man she has been so nervous whenever their eyes met.

"You are very thoughtful, Mister Kim"

"W-Why the sudden...?"

"No—I mean—You bought me coffee again"

"And also, some food", he takes out a packet of sandwich from the plastic and pushes it towards her. "I would have bought some hot instant noodles for you, but I don't think spicy food would do on an empty stomach"

"Why are you so...kind?"

Taehyung stares at her for a few seconds before breaking into a small smile as he takes the opened coffee and hands it to her.