Chapter 19

It has been a long and awful week of Haru avoiding her sister who has been begging her to answer her calls and replies her texts. She needed the time to sort her messy head and broken heart. Frankly speaking, who can even live normally when you found the sister you love so dearly was hiding something from you?

It bugs her heart thinking about Areum hiding the truth about her all these years. What was the reason? Why didn't her parents say anything? Why no one has ever told her anything? Do they think her life is a joke, keeping her in the dark looking like a fool?

Haru didn't even go to the hospital the entire week. She texted Dr Kim asking for his kind favour to look after Haneul while she gathers herself. He was so thoughtful that he even called her to let know that he is there if she ever needed anyone to talk to—as always. She does talk to Dr Kim from time to time, but she never really poured her feelings out. She never really thought about that, not until Mister Kim pointed it out that night.

Mister Kim. The man that has been in her head, living there rent free for weeks already.

"So, are you going to pretend I am not here, looking like dumb alien being ignored by her best friend or what?"

Jiwoo's annoyed voice startled her making her look up to find her friend standing at the edge of her bed, holding a can of coke.

"I ordered pizza while you were asleep", she pushes the can towards her face, gesturing her to take it. "I will sleep here tonight, and I want you to tell me whatever that you have been hiding"

"What am I hiding?", she takes the coke from Jiwoo's hand. "I am not hiding anything?"

"Oh really?"

"Really"

"You have been crying for a week now. Areum has been calling me thousand times asking for you. Come on, you need to sort this out", she sits beside Haru, sighing heavily. "I know you are hurt. You can be sad for as long as you want, but can you at least, talk to me?"

Haru tightens her grip on the coke, gulping slowly as she averts her eyes. She hates whenever Jiwoo wants her to talk her heart out. It makes her feel weird as if people must attend to her silly problems and listen to her.

"I know you hate talking about whatever you have here", Jiwoo points a finger to her heart. "But when that get heavy, you might crash"

"I am not weak, come on, don't be silly"

"I am not being silly. I am here now. You were there for me. You have always been there for me. And now that I am slowly recovering and getting all my problems fixed. Let me help you"

A deep sigh slipped out of Jiwoo's mouth as she looks at Haru avoiding her eyes. Jiwoo knows her too well—too damn well—that nothing will ever make her talk. They have been friends for years yet Haru never really poured her heart out. Haru has always been the one to listen, offer her shoulders and gives advices whenever people ask for them. She has been there for everyone and never once had Jiwoo seen her neglecting the person she cares for. Never once.

But then, Jiwoo doesn't understand why she never liked talking about her own problems.

"Haru", she pats her thighs. "If you don't want to talk about Areum...can you talk to me about you and Mr Kim?"

The mention of Mr Kim's name made her heart jumped and she swore she might have accidentally blushed a little.

"Do you like him?", Jiwoo flashes a smirk at her friend, arching one eyebrow accusingly. "Because I think you do"