Chapter 46

When Areum texted her around noon, inviting her for a dinner at any restaurant of her choice, Haru didn't expect her sister to actually drop the bomb on her just like that. She almost choked on her tea when Areum mentioned Taehyung in the conversation, surprised that he was the sole attention of the current conversation.

"Hold on, what? What's with Taehyung?", she dapped the corner of her mouth with a tissue, clearing her throat as she focuses on her sister again.

"She wants to see him"

"Mother?"

"Actually, she wants to invite you for a dinner this weekend andddd she suggested that you bring your man as well", Areum grins, playing with the paper straw of her drink. "You introduced him as your boyfriend to mother, so she got very interested"

Haru gulps silently, eyes dropping to her plate as she thinks to herself. It has been a week since their last meet at the main house after Haneul's funeral, and since then, she had never talked to her mother. Her mother did try to reach her but she never really answered nor reply her texts. She needs some time to get her bearing. Everything is happening to fast and she needs to get a grip just to process everything.

"She even asked if you're marrying him and—"

"Hah!?", a loud shriek rolled out of her mouth, big, surprised eyes shooting straight at Areum. "Who said I am marrying anyone?"

"Mother said", Areum curves a sheepish smile. "I think she likes Taehyung"

"What...", putting her spoon down, Haru lets out amused laugh as she basically stares at her sister as if she understood nothing. "Why the sudde—"

"Father too. He told me he saw Taehyung the other day—the funeral I mean—and he got to talk to him"

Another small gasp fell out of her, stunned to find out Taehyung had talk to her father and she had no idea about it.

"Wow...."

Areum smiles as she sips on her fresh orange juice, pretty much amused at her sister's reaction to the bombarding news. Their parents have shown great interest in Haru's boyfriend when they got to meet during Haneul's funeral the other day. 'A polite handsome man', as mentioned by their father, and he said he loved talking to him even it was short.

She remembers both her father and mother basically shot her questions about Taehyung, asked her too many questions to the point she had to confess she doesn't really know him that much. Thus, that's how her mother suggested to have dinner together just to get to know each other.

They really like Taehyung

"Isn't too soon?"

"What? Bringing your man to our parents?", Areum cocks an eyebrow. "No, how long have you been dating him?"

"Not long enough to bring him home"

"Come on, don't think too much about it. Take it as just a friendly dinner"

Haru sighs heavily this time, unable to see the rationale behind this suggestion. Taehyung and her just started dating, there are just too many things to be done before bringing him to her parents. In fact, she has no idea if Taehyung would agree to this. It is clearly too early and perhaps too fast to be having dinner together. They promised to take it slow, embracing what they have now while learning about each other. That was the plan.