Chapter 8

"Here you go"

Seokjin smiles as he joins Haru on the long chair at the lounge area, sparing some time to catch up with her

Seokjin smiles as he joins Haru on the long chair at the lounge area, sparing some time to catch up with her. They frequently hang out whenever he is done for the evening and usually they would talk over coffees.

"Thank you, Dr Kim," she beams a smile. "You look so exhausted, can you go home and rest?"

"I have a few more hours before my shift ends. But, don't mind me. I am used to it", he rests his tired back on the chair, leaning his head on the wall beside him before letting out a long sigh. "So, what is up?"

"I-I fought with Jiwoo the other day"

"Again?"

"She still doesn't want to report her father to the authorities", she traces the edges of the canned drink, spacing out as she thinks about the problem again. "I don't understand"

Seokjin glances at her, studying her tired face before looking away and blankly staring at the empty wall in front of him. He knows about Jiwoo and her family problems. Haru has been telling him about it and seeking advices from him ever since they have gotten closer. Haru shared a lot about her life and also about Jiwoo to him. He will always try his very best to listen to her and offers advice whenever she needs one. That is the least he can do as a friend to her.

"Maybe Jiwoo is still afraid"

"She needs to think about her future and her mother. Things can get worse—I just—I don't know"

"Hey, you are doing a lot for her. And for Haneul too. Take it slow. You are going to get really stressed if you don't take everything slow", Seokjin gently taps on her shoulder softly. "Give Jiwoo some time, be a little bit more patient"

"Patient you say", she sighs to herself, taking a slow sip of her coffee. "Maybe yes. I kept forgetting about that"

"You have a lot on your plate right now", Seokjin smiles as he relaxes on the metal chair. "Jiwoo has a lot too. But take one thing at a time, okay?"

"Dr Kim"

"Yes?", he turns to her, his handsome smile never left his almost too perfect face.

"I really want you to get to know my sister. You are too handsome for me to let go to someone else that is not my sister"

"You mean, Areum?"

"You remember her name!", she playfully grins at him making the older man blushes as he shakes his head.

"Who wouldn't remember her name? Your sister is too beautiful, and her name is beautiful too"

"You both look compatible"

Seokjin blushes again, feeling slightly flustered at the compliment. He shyly rubs the back of his neck, looking down to hide the little smile on his lips. He had met Haru's sister, Areum,  when she came over to visit Haneul a few months ago. And he could not deny Areum is very beautiful.