Chapter 39

It was almost half past seven when they finally got ready to go out for dinner. When Haru woke up from the short nap, she was surprised to see Taehyung sound asleep too. He did say he was not sleepy at first but then oh well, looks like things took a turn. She purposely let him sleep longer so that she can take a shower and get ready to go out.

Waking up Taehyung was another story too. She tried waking him up softly but then he keeps giving excuses saying he is so sleepy and she needs to join him on the bed so that he can hug her while sleeping.

Cute. Too cute.

But she managed to wake him up and he quickly gets ready to go out. It couldn't be denied how weird it felt to be in the same room while getting ready but she knows, both of them are trying not to think too much about it. When he had walked out of the toilet wearing nothing but only a towel around his waist, she pretended to be very busy on her phone.

She was practically sweating underneath her black fleece sweatshirt, and hands clammy as she struggles not to think of anything and focus on reading whatever email she had clicked on. She had seen him bare from top to toe but that was different. When that happened, they were just two strangers hooking up for the night and nothing else. There was no line drawn and no emotions involved too. It was just purely blind lust and needs.

But now, everything is different.

True they had kissed a lot and cuddled frequently too. But that is all. They have yet to go beyond that. If she has to be frank, both of them started everything with something way beyond that this. But then that was different. This is a completely different thing. They are back to square one and taking things slowly.

To be really honest again, the thought of them being in the same room and sleeping on the same bed have been driving her crazy. So many wild thoughts creeping while the memories of that night resurface.

"Oh god", she sighs.

"Are you okay?", looking at her through the dresser's mirror, he raised both eyebrows at her. "You don't feel well?"

"No, I am fine", she fakes a cough

"No, I am fine", she fakes a cough. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, I am", he winks at her, smiling as he swiftly wraps the scarf around his neck.

She watches as he quickly grabs his phone and stuffed it into the pocket of his coat before walking towards the door. Then she spots his wallet at the side of the table.

"Taehyung, you forgot your wallet", she turns to the side table, taking it for him.

He turns around and smiles when she hands it to him, but then suddenly, he froze. Her eyes flutters at him, puzzled at the way he is looking at her with a stunned face.