Chapter 1

Bright blinding lights, deafening heavy bass booming through the loudspeakers accompanying the bodies dancing along to the rhythm of the heavy techno song, voices and laughter echoing into each other's eardrums as they let themselves bath in their sweat through the night. The night club might be the place everyone run to for a sense of escape, but for some, it is the only way to let themselves forget about the outside world and dance the night away.

That's the same for Seo Haru, a 24 year old final year student in one of the most prestigious universities in the city of Seoul. Sitting at the corner of the small round table, messy hair after hitting the dance floor with her long time best friend, Bae Jiwoo, and her other two guy friends.

The night club, their go-to-place whenever they are done with their dreadful week of endless classes from morning to night. Not only the night clubs, sometimes the bars whenever they want to chill and wind down, but, as always, together. Haru and Jiwoo are inseparable since they first met in their first class, glued like limpets all through the years—soulmates.

And along the way, they met the other two guys, YeonJun and Soobin. Being of the same age, they act more like brothers rather than just close friends. Truly, four of them have been close. They depend on one another life a lifeline. A blessing indeed.

"Haru!!", Jiwoo's faint voice seems inaudible with the upbeat song playing in the background. "He's checking you out!"

"What?", Haru slams her drink down on the table, turning to follow Jiwoo's gaze.

Scanning the space, her eyes spot the man, the same man she has been secretly stealing glances for the past one hour. And it excites her to know he has been doing the same. It all started when she was casually grooving on her seat, taking a breather in between songs, she spotted him checking her out from across the space. She looked away at first, thinking their eyes just met coincidently but it will be a lie if she didn't feel a fleeting attraction towards that undeniably handsome man.

Their eyes met again and again, obviously checking one another out, exchanging looks and a small smile that turns into suggestive smirks as time passes by. It thrills her to find such an attractive man checking her out in the club, and to feel the irresistible—yet temporary—attraction towards him.

A strong desire to just go to him and ask him for a dance. Or maybe more than that. It's surprises her on how one look at this stranger can make her feel butterflies at the pit of her stomach. And it surprises her even more to find herself approaching the stranger, after the torturous continuous flirting.

It could be the liquid courage from the never-ending drinks she had for the past one hour, or it could be just a part of her wanting affection from this stranger that has given her the attention she wants. Either way, whatever it is, she found herself pulling him to the dance floor, his hands on her waists and she allowed it.

And the next thing she knows, she found herself going home with him.

-

"Damn, I really slept the entire Sunday", Haru takes another sip of her coffee as she walks into the lecture hall.

"Tired?", Jiwoo smirks at her, wiggling her eyebrows as she takes a seat at one of top rows. "You went home with that guy, didn't you?"

"Damn right I did", she replies with a small satisfied smirk on her face, placing her coffee gently on the table. "Man, he is...."

"That good?", Jiwoo chuckles lightly as she shakes her head. "If not you won't be all exhausted on a Sunday morning till you forgot to even call us"