Epilogue - Part 2

When the very last student left the hall, leaving only the lecturers and the usherers inside, Jiwoo quickly nudges Haru's shoulder, her chin pointing towards the direction of Madam Choi.

"I wonder if she has any idea what you were doing with Mister Kim las—"

"Shut up", Haru gently elbows her friend, warning eyes glaring down at her. "Don't start"

Letting out a soft chuckle, Jiwoo packs her stuff and struts away from Haru as she taps on her phone, a smile taking place on her lips as her eyes light up at whatever she is seeing on her phone.

"Lovebirds. Sickeninggg", Yeonjun appears behind her, towering her as his eyes peek on her screen only to have Jiwoo hiding it with her palm, elbowing him away from her. "Geez, you two should be gentler after getting a boyfriend, not feisty like this"

But before Haru could even respond to Yeonjun, Madam Choi waves at her, politely signalling her to come to her. Then her eyes dart to the tall man standing beside her lecturer.

Taehyung

Taehyung did not look elsewhere when she was walking ever so slowly towards them, buying time to prepare herself for the encounter. His eyes glued on her, smirking a little here and then as if he could feel the nervousness creeping on her skin like spiders, sending little shivers down her spine. At the back of her mind, all she wished was for her to appear calm as she talks to her lecturer while she maintains her composure.

She is not nervous about meeting Madam Choi. She is nervous about pretending there is nothing personal going on between her and "Mister Kim". She is afraid of her composure winding off as she stands in front of her lecturer and beside the man she shared a bed with last night.

Well, more than just sharing a bed but no one needs that extra information.

"Haru-ssi! Have you met Mister Kim? I think your last meeting was a few months ago? Before you went off for your internship, yes?"

"Yes", her answer came out almost too confidently. "It...was when I submitted my proposal"

"That's correct", Taehyung gladly nodded, one hand slipping into the pocket of his black structured pants, another hand pushing his glasses further up his perfect nose. "How have you been?"

Haru could not miss the little glint in his amused eyes, sensing a little game coming her way when Taehyung doesn't waver his gaze, instead he looks straight into her eyes, demanding her attention.

Just like last night when he kisses her throat every so softly, and she failed to think of anything except the feel of his warm hands on her waist. And when she forgot to answer his question, he gently tugged the back of her head so that he could look at her and he wanted her to look at him as he repeats the question.

This man will be the death of her

"I have been great, Mister Kim", she smiles widely. "How have you been? You look a little tired. Have you been working hard to prepare for your 'meeting'—I mean, your talk?"

If Haru was not focusing on him, she would have missed the little flash of surprise on his eyes and the little flinch on his composure. But he flinched. He did.

"You had a busy night?", she asked further, her eyes faking a concern look at him.

It must have looked very real and convincing because Madam Choi seems to mirror her expression, turning to Taehyung with worried eyes.