Chapter 23

Taehyung cluelessly turns around, hand still holding on to his cup and when he sees the person Namjoon was referring to, his heart just skipped a massive beat. The cup almost slipped of his fingers but thank god his reflex was quick and he caught it with his free hand. He suddenly becomes jumpy, clumsily setting the cup on the table only to spill some of it onto the wooden surface. He looks at Namjoon, eyes filled with thousands of questions.

"Hey, don't look at me. I did not realize she was there, not until I was done with my order. She was here before me"

Taehyung swore with every bit of his existence that his body is acting weird

Taehyung swore with every bit of his existence that his body is acting weird. It suddenly feels like his head just went haywire; everything went blank leaving his head empty but a mess. His heart suddenly beats fast, his skin feels overwhelming tight as the nervousness creeps onto her skin slowly.

"So, you really going to act you feel nothing when you are sitting here, basically having a crisis"

"Shut up", Taehyung sighs under his breath, feeling his entire body going stiff. "Just shut up"

"Who is that guy? A guy from his class?", Namjoon looks extremely amused at the slight panic on his friend's face but decided to tease him further. "Your competition?"

Taehyung glances over his shoulder discreetly, trying to have a better look at the man seated across the table. He had seen this guy before, but he couldn't remember when and where. Turning to the front, he stares at Namjoon while trying to remember where exactly he had seen the same man.

Then it hits him, that's the same man he saw with Haru at the café that one night.

"Oh—that guy", slowly he sinks into the chair, looking very much disappointed. "I better leave before—"

"Same old Kim Taehyung", Namjoon jokes, massaging his chin as he glances at Haru before turning his attention back to Taehyung

"Same old Kim Taehyung", Namjoon jokes, massaging his chin as he glances at Haru before turning his attention back to Taehyung. "Always running away"

Deciding to ignore the playful look on Namjoon's face, he gets up as quick as he could and to his surprise, Namjoon follows. "You're leaving too?"