Chapter 58

Saturday morning started slow for Haru as she feels so reluctant to get off from bed. She didn't set any alarm that morning, planning to sleep in and wakes up when she is well-rested. The entire week of work has completely sucked the life out of her. The week was filled with countless meetings pertaining their upcoming project that contributes to her final year grades. All the internship students are now working together to plan their proposal, contact any possible sponsorships, searching for venues and logistics, setting dates and many more.

It has been so exhausting.

Rolling on her side, grabbing her phone from the nightstand, she checks the time and groans when she realizes it's almost 10 in the morning.

"I need my coffee", she pushes herself up, yawning as she stares at her dim empty room. She looks around as she tries to shake the sleepiness away, rubbing her eyes with one hand.

Then she spots the brown coat hung over her white vanity chair.

"Eh?", she looks at the coat, trying to identify whose coat it was when her room door swung open, startling her.

"Good Morning, sleepy head"

Taehyung appeared at her door, dressed in his black sweats, his black full rimmed glasses resting on his nose and a white mug in his right hand.

"Ehhh?", Haru sounded confused this time, head tilted to the side as she registers the sight of the man leaning on her door frame. "When did—"

"I came last night", he laughs lowly as he walks to the bed. "Bet you forgot you opened the door for me"

"I did?"

"Yes"

Taehyung takes the empty seat beside her, still laughing at her messy hair and puffy cheeks. He puts his cup on the table and turns to look at her.

"When did I open the door for you?"

"I called you last night, but you were already asleep. But you still managed to open the door for me while being half asleep", he plays with her hands as he speaks. "And then you pulled me on the bed and dozed off"

"Oh god, I did?", Haru finally open her eyes wide, fully awake, and able to see him clearly now. "I just pulled you to sleep?"

"Yes", he nods with an amused grin. "You were really exhausted"

She blinks and blinks, mind trailing back to last night's event. She remembers coming home a wreck after the dinner with Jiwoo and how she was completely depleted to the point it took every bit of her energy to shower and did her nightly skincare routine. Everything is a blur after that.

She must had been too tired to even remember how she opened the door for Taehyung while being half asleep.

"Do you want to continue sleeping?", Taehyung rubs the side of her arms. "Sleep in, I'll make you some breakfast. Do you want sandwich?"

Taehyung grins as she does nothing else but stare at him, perhaps still thinking how on earth she opened the door and let him in but had no recollection of doing so.

"You are so cute", he quickly pinches her cheek before sitting up. "I'll make some coffee, okay? Don't get off your bed. Stay in there and sleep again after your coffee"

Haru watches him walks out her room, leaving the door ajar and few seconds after that, she hears him humming to a song and then she hears the fridge door opening. A goofy smile appears on her lips as she finally snaps out of her thoughts, gets of her bed and decided to freshen up instead. God knows how terribly her breath stinks and she really needs to at least wash her face.