Chapter 29

"I think I am overwhelmed with feelings too", his voice sounds soft. "I want to kiss you bad—"

"Kiss me"

His eyes that have been on her lips flicked up, a gentle smile curving on his lips. He moves tantalizing slow, building the tension in the air as she anticipates his next move. It is a torture as she stands there, body completely tensed with heat blooming from within. His warm breath fans over her mouth, his thumb caressing the sensitive spot under her ear near her neck, making goosebumps erupts on her skin.

Her eyes closed in reflex as she feels his lips gently pressed on hers, his head tilted slightly. His lips feel like velvet as he kisses her so softly, so gently and so teasingly slow. Familiar tingles appear, her mind swirling into nothing as everything got wiped out off her senses. The slow unrushed kiss makes her feel unimaginable things and it is definitely incomparable with the kiss from that night.

That night's kiss was messy and fuelled by blind needs but this one, it feels so much different. She can almost feel his emotions through the kiss, slowly and gently bathing her in a warm affectionate embrace. He kisses her with this certain tenderness, the type that makes you want to drown yourself in.

He slowly pulls away and out of nowhere, he gently lifts her up onto the island table making her shriek in surprise. The sudden movement forced her to grab the sides of his arm, clutching them tightly as she looks at him. His hands that were on her waist slide to the side, planted flat on counter table, caging her.

This new position made her inched backward in reflex, watching as he leans forward closing the distance again.

"I think....", his right hand reaches for her loose strands of hair, gently pushing them the back. "I am completely smitten by you"

"Smitten?", she tries to hide her smile but failed

"Smitten?", she tries to hide her smile but failed. "By me?"

"Yes"

The gentle smile on his face when he answered flipped her heart for the nth time. Her entire existence feels shaken, as if something shifted again inside. She wonders about the night they first met at the bar, the overwhelming attraction—which she assumed was temporary— towards this man and how it has drawn a path to this point.

She was sure it was fugacious, and it would disappear once she leaves his house the morning after. Things took a drastic turn that morning she met him again in Madam Choi's office and surprisingly, the feeling just burst out of nowhere. From that little flicker of attraction, it has grown into something more affectionate.

She has no idea when her heart has begun to gravitate towards him but now, it keeps yearning for him.