12 - 십이 장

(Twelveth chapter)

Swirls unfurled the curls of her hair, the dress smooth as velvet flowing with the air. She spun and they spun with her, she jumped and they navigated her way as though leading her astray from the troubles and into the joy of dancing.

She felt bliss as a smile played on her lips, her cheeks growing warmer with each movement, a bead of sweat gracefully flowing from her sunkissed forehead down to her chest.

But she didn't stop.

It felt as if the world was on one side and she herself, independently alone on the other and it was good because no promises or responsibility bothered her for the moment.

She was living while dancing and it reminded her the reason why she started moving with the wind which caressed her body with each movement and step she took.

It was her only freedom and she adored it more than anything.

"Sowon."

A voice called out, awakening her from the depths of her lucid dream while consciousness slowly started seeping into her mind.

And it came again.

"Sowon."

She realised it was her mother relentingly calling her name from downstairs as she tossed on the bed before yawning and stretching up.

Her afternoon nap was really refreshing and good because Sowon was dancing freely in it, the tingles of her ecstasy was almost alive on her body.

"Han Sowon!"

Why was she calling her repeatedly?

Maybe something related to the marriage or some ettiquete lecture again, she answered the question herself while walking to towards door.

Remembering how she and her mother had talked yesterday while making those promises, Sowon wondered if her mother remembered her crying like a baby and she almost cringed at her own weak self.

But in no place to complain or rebel, she knew it was better for her to fulfil the promise. Ready to bear some more lecture, she quickly headed down just to see her family excluding him sitting together on the sofa.

"You called for me mom?"

They all looked up and both her parents gave her a somber expression and it didn't feel good.

"What were you doing?" Her father asked.

"I was taking a nap but what happened?"

Sowon asked, still unsure why they were all gathered together on the sofa. With a sigh Mr. Han beckoned his daughter to come over and sit down on the empty space between both her parents.

Quietly she obliged, glancing at her left to see hee mother having a not-so-happy expression like it was her signature whilst to her right, her father was constantly fumbling with something which she reconized as his phone.

"Should we continue to mourn for something bad which I don't know about or will anyone say something?"

This time it was her mother who sighed and shook her head almost like her daughter's joke had hit a sensitive spot. Sowon almost felt bad for trying to lighten up the mood.

•𝐄𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞• ||「𝐾𝑁𝐽」On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara