14 - 십사 장

(Fourteenth chapter)

Silence.

It seemed to stretch on for eternity as they awkwardly stood out in the cold, unsure what to do or say. Namjoon freed his hand from hers and the warmth disappeared, almost making Sowon whine about it.

Fumbling for something in his coat pockets, Namjoon finally found and took the it out. Warily, she eyed the small piece of object, unable to decipher what it was before he pressed the button and a loud click sounded out, an indication of a car being unlocked.

So that was a car remote and here I thought it was something else, she joked to herself before something dawned on her and she almost gasped when Namjoon walked towards to a shinning silver hyundai sedan, opened the passenger door and turned to look at her.

"You don't want a ride?"

Sowon could only gape before she slowly walked towards the parked car and unsurely sat down while he closed the door behind her. Looking around, the car was quiet clean and shiny as if it was brand new.

Namjoon sat down in the driver seat and started the engine which caused Sowon to snap from her awe. She could not believe that he bought a car and didn't even tell her family.

The car ride was really smooth as if it was not moving. Even the seats were made of soft and comfortable leather that anyone would feel like sleeping if they sat on it.

In her due excitement Sowon had forgotten about the incident which happened a few minutes ago and both of them stayed in eternal silence again until both of them spoke up together.

"So-"

"Are-"

Both of them exchanged a silent glance and looked away, the air getting more awkward before Sowon cleared her throat and decided to wait.

When he said nothing, Sowon realised that Namjoon was waiting for her to speak first and she almost face-palmed for her stupidity.

"You can go first."

Sowon looked up and nodded, fidgeting with her fingers for a while before she stopped, irritated as to why she was nervous with him.

"You have a car."

Namjoon burst out laughing to which Sowon gave him a uninterested look. She crossed her arms and repeated,

"You have a car."

"Yes Sowon, I have a car."

"Since when?"

"Since today." He replied flatly.

"What?"

"What?"

"Namjoon seriously, stop playing around and tell me when did you buy this car and why didn't you tell us?"

"I am more amazed at how you are asking about my car rather than questioning why was I there or why did I follow you and why did I help you-"

"Wait you followed me?!"

"Uh yeah? How else was I supposed to know where you were going?"