30 - 삼십 장

(Thirtieth chapter)

"Sowon are you dozing? Wake up you sleepy head."

Sowon groaned, messing up her hair in an attempt to release her pent up frustration. She gave a deadly glare towards the female sitting next to her on her bed as she suppressed a yawn.

"Jeez, you look terrible. Didn't you sleep last night-"

"I did! In fact, I had the best sleep of my life that no one can say otherwise, no one!"

After finishing her defensive reasons by cutting off the other person's question, Sowon huffed out some air angrily.

Haneul raised her eyebrows, carefully eyeing her friend's haggard condition. She was not sure how to respond to her best friend's stubborn answer as she gave a small nod.

"Er, okay? I mean you were dozing off so much I thought you were tired."

"I am not." Sowon tried pushing back the yawn but failed and released it, making the latter roll her eyes.

"Yeah sure." Haneul was unsure why Sowon was quite moody today but decided to not bother her more.

Sowon was grateful when her friend didn't ask more questions and continued painting her nails with some decorations despite her denial. She didn't want to admit that she spent the whole night tossing and turning because her bed felt too unfamiliar and she could not sleep even a wink.

She didn't want to admit that she missed his masculine scent, his bed and comfort, especially his annoying presence.

"But why are you coming only after two weeks? Did you go on a vacation?"

"I heard that you were sharing a room with Mr Handsome so I made sure not disturb you."

"Whatever."

Sowon scoffed, questioning how Haneul got the news about her room but she already knew that the answer was her mother. Of course, she told Haneul and stopped her from coming home because she seemed so excited about her daughter sharing a room with her so-called 'fianceé'.

But now that it was over, Haneul decided to drop in and ask her numerous questions about what did they do or how was her experience which never seemed to end.

"Sowon," Her friend began, "Are you okay?"

She looked at the girl who gave her a worried look and tilted her head in confusion, "What for?"

"About Hoseok..."

Sowon didn't need to hear anything more because she knew what direction this conversation was going to. She only nodded and sighed, "Yeah."

Why did her mother disclose such information to Haneul? It made her angry and upset because her friend had already told her that she would regret her decision which she was doing right now.

Sowon opened her mouth to say that it was nothing and dismiss the topic but realised something which did not make sense no matter how much she tried to think.

"Haneul how did you know?"

"Hm, about what?" She was still focused on her nails.