52 - 오심이 장

(Fifty-second chapter)

“Achoo!”

Sowon sneezed aloud, crinkling her nose as her face contorted in an ugly grimace. A pain shot up her nasal passage and she fought the urge to groan, instead, grabbing a tissue and pinching her nose to wipe it clean.

I knew it was a weird feeling yesterday, she reminisced the incidents and frowned because none of it was pleasant. She had spent the whole day perfecting her dance yet she could not achieve the results. Next, she had an odd shivering feeling ever since the afternoon but paid no heed to it.

Only when she came back home, her body caught a high-temperature fever along with a cold and she spent her night in a suffering way. The exhaustion due to practice plus the little sleep she had was of no help, every inch of her body crying in pain.

Knock knock.

She disposed of the tissue and glanced at her door, wondering who could it be.

“Yes?”

Sowon hated how hoarse her voice was. She was sure the cold came from her visit to Haneul last week. If only her competition was not in this same month of August, perhaps she would not be this pissed.

The door swing open and someone poked their head inside.

“Hi. Can I come in?”

“Did you ever need permission to enter my room?”

Haneul offered a sheepish smile, still standing by the door, “no but since you are sick, I was being careful.”

No sooner than those words were said, a huge white pillow came and hit Haneul over her face, making her stumble back with a surprised yelp.

“Oh- hey! That was rude.”

“This is all because of you!”

Sowon cried and began whining on her bed while her friend gave her an unimpressed look.

“I remember before when you said you will try to change your old habits yet you still blame others for any negative event.”

“Say another word and I’ll personally kick you out.”

Haneul laughed, “we both know you are too weak to do that.”

She pushed the door wider and entered the room, taking in the same old interior she was quite familiar with. Sowon grumbled on her bed, settling down.

“I don't need anyone to babysit me.”

“You think too highly of yourself,” Haneul snorted, “I am not even here to meet you.”

Haneul threw the pillow on the bed, and Sowon frowned.

“Not me? Then who?”

“Guess.”

“I am not in any mood to play around Haneul, go away if you are not here to see me.”

Sowon lay on her bed, making herself comfortable as she heard her best friend chuckle aloud.

“Aww, baby Sowon wants attention.”