57 - 오심찰 장

(Fiftieth-seventh chapter)

"It's my fault."

A hand rubbed over her small back and Sowon glanced up to see her father standing there, a pitiful gaze settled over her hunched figure.

"He tried to protect you Sowon, don't blame yourself."

"B-but if I had not been so stubborn and childish to pick a fight with him, or went out in dark alone then this would have never happened."

"Look dear," Mr Han retracted his hand and she almost missed his warm comfort, "if you had not argued or went out alone then Namjoon won't have come searching for you."

"Dad I-"

"Think of it as this way. If Namjoon did not save you or this incident did not happen, you could have met those thugs some other day when no one could be around. Now they are arrested so nothing much at disadvantage right?"

Mrs Han who was pacing in the hospital hallway scoffs.

"Namjoon getting hurt is not disadvantage? How could you be so relaxed?"

"Because I know he is a strong man."

"Does that mean you ignore the part he is injured? God knows if anything happens to him, I won't be able to bear it. What will we even tell his family, that we allowed the heir of Kim family to be wounded?"

Mr Han straightens up beside his daughter.

"Now you don't have to worry that far. Sowon is also shaken up because she was harassed by those thugs. We will do our best to explain."

"Whatever! You still cannot guarantee if he will be okay-"

"Mom. Dad." Sowon sat up, giving a heavy look at both her parents who stopped their bickering and now were staring at her in surprise. "You should go home if you want to continue arguing."

"What? How dare-" Mrs Han started when Sowon gave her a sharp look, now rising to her feet.

"Our first priority is making sure Namjoon is okay. Then comes informing his family and other things. We are not here to bicker which is more important but how we handle the situation."

Both the parents gaped at their daughter who was previously so shaken up that she was shivering and now, was teaching them how to handle their worries like an adult.

Mrs Han looked like a fish thrown out of the water, dramatically coughing as she became speechless as if all the air around her was too little for her to survive.

"And if you are scared of his family then I will speak to them, formally apologize about everything. Would that suffice your worries now? Can we please focus on a way to help Namjoon if he comes out?"

"I-I. . ."

Mrs Han remained stunned by Mr Han smiled proudly as he nodded. Sowon finally heaved a sigh of breathing she was holding in since her parents started to raise their voices.

Running footsteps caught her attention and she swirled around to see a certain redhead running towards her direction with a worried expression.