48 - 사십팔 장

(Forty eight chapter)

The first thing that Namjoon noticed when he walked up the stairs was how widely his door was open, easy to notice and it aroused questions in his head. How was his door open when he shut it before leaving?

Unless someone entered it.

He didn't know why or who it could be but it was necessary for him to check it in case any robber was also present. Carefully he climbed up the stairs, sticking to the wall as he tried to peek in side his room but saw nothing.

Then he heard it.

Small, soft giggles were enunciated by someone inside his room and Namjoon's eye brows shot upwards because he knew those chuckles were something he had heard before and finally decided to check the person in his room.

But what Namjoon saw next was not anything he anticipated.

Sowon stood there at his table, her back towards his direction as her arms were wrapped around her torso, small laughs escaping her lips and the sight definitely shocked Namjoon.

"Sowon?"

Namjoon asked in confusion, not expecting to have Sowon inside his room since he knew she was avoiding him, lest imagine her giggle happily like this. Was she okay?

Her body visibly froze, Sowon's arms limply falling back to their sids and a loud thud followed by. Namjoon looked down, noticing that a book was dropped on the floor.

He looked up again, this time, noticing how messily his book collection were sprawled over the table, allowing a surge of annoyance to cross his face.

"What are you doing here?"

Namjoon tried to sound polite but the sight of his books carelessly thrown like that really touched a nerve. He dearly loved books because they gave him so much knowledge and one of his peeves was when people didn't know how to appreciate books or poorly treat them.

Sowon stood rigidly and Namjoon thought he heard her gulp but fixed his attention on the girl, awaiting for her response.

"I-I…"

"You what?"

Namjoon crossed his arms, tilting his head as he patiently waited for the female to answer his question. He observed how slowly she turned around to face him and seeing her pale face gave him the impression that something was wrong.

"I, um…"

"Sowon is everything okay?" Namjoon asked in worry and felt relief when the girl nodded silently, "then what are you doing in my room?"

"I can explain!"

Sowon suddenly exclaimed in panic but Namjoon only shrugged, "I thought you were trying to explain it already?"

When the girl didn't answer for long or raised her head to look into his eyes, Namjoon walked over towards his table and began to grab his pile of scattered books.

Within a minute he was successful in returning the books to their original stand at the corner of the desk.

"Sowon?"