58 - 오심팔 장

(Fifty-eight chapter)

"Ow- I said I am okay!"

"No, you are not. Just lie down and let me help you."

A big sigh.

Namjoon gave an exasperated look at the woman in front of him, his hold on the door handle still tight. He wanted to shut the door close and get back to his work again but the door won't budge.

"Why are you so adamant about annoying me?"

"Annoying? I am just trying to help you-"

"I never asked for it."

I should have never opened the door, Namjoon internally groaned.

When a soft knock had previously appeared he never thought Sowon would come in barging to help him clean his room when he was alright.

"Well then get used to it because I am not backing down."

Sowon rested both her hands on her hips which caught the attention of the male. She noticed his eyes linger on her hips for some time and she cleared her throat, pretending to not notice them drift down in a swift motion.

Just a little more, she thought. A little more bickering with Namjoon and he would evidently give up. His voice was already sounding tired and she was sure he cannot resist her offer to help him.

"The incident was two days ago Sowon," Namjoon explained, "I am totally fine now. No pain."

Sowon nodded, poking her finger on Namjoon's chest, specifically on his wounds to prove her point. She did not put too much pressure but enough to make him wince as he stumbled back.

"Yes, totally fine my foot. You still cry like a baby at a mere touch."

"Hey, I never said you can touch my body like that."

He whined and she stiffened, realising that those words did not sound that appropriate and could definitely land them in trouble if her parents heard it. Namjoon did not seem to know so she looked away, pretending to be interested in the interior decorations of his room.

Some silence prevailed and Sowon softened her voice.

"J-just let me help you in any way. I need to know that you are okay and everything is fine."

"Why? I don't know why you need that validation from me Sowon, especially when I mean nothing to you."

She bit her lips, eyes still fixed on his bed that was not organized one bit. She could feel something warm prickle her eyes, threatening to fall.

When I mean nothing to you- this was supposed to be a fact and none of them should be affected by this sentence. But somehow, it carried such an amount of emotions and warning to hurt any one of them in this hate game.

A game that both parties no longer believed in.

Do you have an idea how much you mean to me? How much guilty I am, for letting you get hurt? Sowon clamped her throat which was getting heavy. She wanted to speak out her mind, her true concerns to Namjoon but she decided not to.

A deep sigh escaped from Namjoon which made her steal a glance from him. His head was downcast and he was mumbling something to himself. But when their eyes met, she could feel something tightened up inside her chest.

"I-I" she choked.

What was this weird feeling in her?

"It's because y-you got hurt because of me so-"